“Our Chance at a One Night Honeymoon Made Perfect”

Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Our Chance at a One Night Honeymoon Made Perfect”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

My wife and I are not in the best financial shape and since we did a destination wedding we never went on a honeymoon trip for ourselves. We had to go to LA for someone else's wedding so we decided to make the trip to Laguna Beach for our much belated honeymoon (We have already been married over a year). Anyway, simply walking into the grounds through the back entrance took my wife's breath away. The grounds are perfectly manicured and, more importantly, we felt as though we had been transplanted to another country. It felt like we were in Southern France, on the coast of Italy or any other exoctic spot you can picture in your mind. Checking in the staff was incredibly helpful. They helped us find a romantic Italian restaurant just down the road, even better, they suggested a great gelato shop for after dinner. Before going out though my wife wanted to rest for a second. She flopped down on the bed and said she felt like she was on a cloud (No wonder the hotel sells the bedding they use at their front desk). We were planning on checking out the town of Laguna Beach before dinner, but the pool was so inviting that we had to check it out for a minute. A minute turned into a couple hours as we were entranced by the perfect view of the ocean as well as the beautiful Spanish guitar music they planned throughout the entire grounds. We did have a nice dinner and we did eat great gelato, but I think we would have been just as happy simply enjoying this stunningly magical place without leaving once. We slept like babies and in the morning we woke to a five-star complimentary breakfast, that's right free!!! This is not to miss!!! I could keep writing, but I want to leave some of this places excellence as a mystery for you to discover.

2 Thank matthewmcorb
CasaGirl, General Manager at Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
The management and staff of Casa Laguna are always so excited to find that guests have enjoyed a perfect getaway at our inn due to our dedicated guest-first service and wide-ranging comforts and amenities. We want to express our sincere appreciation to this couple for choosing our inn and for taking the time to let others know about their wonderful experience. We hope this will not be their last visit to our romantic hidden paradise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Turkish first
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent 3 days in Laguna Beach for a quick Spring Break getaway. The inn was perfect for our stay. Rooms were quaint but relaxing. The view of the ocean was great. Loved the mission-style architecture and decor. The gourmet breakfasts were outstanding. Definitely try the shrimp & grits and healthy pancakes. (The chefs even gave us the pancake recipe to take home!!). We will definitely stay again when we are in Laguna Beach.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We’re so pleased that Mike D and his wife were able to experience a relaxing three days at our inn. Our Executive Chef and her busy, dedicated kitchen staff love hearing how much our guests enjoy the unique dishes they create. We all look forward to this couple’s next visit.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I always leave a piece of my soul behind when I stay at Casa Laguna so I can be sure to come back month after month. It's become my home away from home and my go-to when I need to get away from the pace of work life for a night or two. General manager Kathryn makes me feel so welcome and her staff is incredibly lovely and attentive. Their gourmet breakfast is included with the rate and it's the best I've had in all of Los Angeles. Whether single or as a couple, you can expect to have a magical time here.

Room Tip: I recommend the Laguna Suite, Newport or the Cottage if you are lucky to grab it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
We send our sincere thanks to Lisa O for her continued loyalty and kind remarks. We always talk about being a romantic getaway, but that doesn’t mean you have to be a couple to enjoy that ambiance. We have many new and returning solo travelers who find our service, amenities, beautiful grounds, and celebrated gourmet breakfasts to be the perfect match for their needs. As always, we hope to see Lisa O back at Casa Laguna very soon.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Casa Laguna is our favorite destination along the coast. A 5-star villa with breathtaking garden settings. Service is unmatched, chefs are top notch, wine & cheese evenings are scrumptious, and the views – wow! Very romantic villa!

Room Tip: Higher rooms have the best views and least noise.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Casa Laguna is often compared to the hillside villas of Spain or Italy and we love that Stan P used that word twice in his review. We sincerely appreciate his evaluation of our beautiful grounds, hardworking staff, and acclaimed food, and we cannot thank him enough for leaving this lovely review.
Escondido, California
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

This has become a favorite for my husband and I when we want a quiet place to stay and unwind from the stresses of work. It offers comfortable rooms, wonderfully soft bed linens and superb breakfasts. We took a couples massage and sunset soak......and would recommend it highly. The gardens are lovely, the pool area inviting and the rooms restful. There is only one thing that I think could be improved......the quality of the towels in the rooms. Perhaps I am being picky after waking up in the soft and caressing bed linens, but I expected the bath towels to be at least as impressive.
I actually thought about not recommending this lovely bed and breakfast so that it will remain hidden, special and relaxing........but share I must!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Casa Laguna staff and management are so thankful to our Belgian friends for choosing our inn and for their kind review. We’re so glad they had the opportunity to enjoy all our inn has to offer. We always take the suggestions of our guests under careful consideration, and although we have not had previous complaints about our towels, as a result of this guest’s review we are now doing some “comparison shopping” to see there are some other bath linens out there that might be more in keeping with our reputation. We hope to see this couple back at Casa Laguna again in the near future.
Boston
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I loved this 1920 Mission building built into the hill across from the Pacific. The grounds and gardens are a pleasure. Staff friendly and helpful. Oranges and cookies await you in the room. Breakfast was served in the garden even though it wasn't even 60 degrees, they give blankets and hide the heaters under the umbrellas. Food was gourmet. Yoga mats by the pool in case you want to practice. Wonderful sunset views. Would love to go back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
We greatly appreciate mrh16’s complimentary review, and we’re so pleased this couple included our inn as part of their Southern California visit. We hope they will have the opportunity to return very soon.
Santa Fe Springs, California
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Did some computer surfing to find a place to get away for the evening. Took a chance at the "Casa Laguna Inn & Spa". When first arrived I was a little puzzled as it was tucked away against the hills and other homes in the area. Once I entered the property from the parking lot I was truly pleased at the beauty of the place. Small walk ways, water fountains and gardens. I was really impressed by the friendly service. When I went to my assigned room, the view was more than expected. The room itself was clean and comfortable. As mentioned, I took a chance on a place I have never been and what a great surprise!! I definitely will return !! Thank you Casa Laguna !!

Room Tip: The delux ocean view rooms are the best
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Casa Laguna loves having the reputation as being a “hidden gem,” as described by Jerry S. Our concrete and brick façade looks much as it did when it was built in the 1920s and ‘40s and helps us to retain the property as a private compound for the use of our guests alone. As this couple discovered, there is a romantic paradise hidden behind those walls. We love that they loved our inn, and we look forward to their return.