“Small but mighty hotel! Ignore rude front desk girl!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa

Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Small but mighty hotel! Ignore rude front desk girl!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

So excited to get away without the kids, only do this once a year if that. Unfortunately the young girl at check in was totally rude. She said How are you at the same time a question was coming out of my mouth, and then she said "I just asked how are you, but WHATEVER!" Started out on the wrong foot, but I was determined to not let this bother me, although it was like a slap in the face. OK that being said, the breakfasts are amazing, and would be major bucks at any other resort. The inside patio was charming with piped in music and beautiful flowers all around. Go to the front desk first thing to grab one of the few papers delivered that morning. Nice touch a bottle of champagne in our room to celebrate our anniversary. Yummy cookies to enjoy as well. Beds so comfy. Fireplace a weird fake-thought it would be gas. ROOM VERY SMALL only drawback, but very quaint B and B feel. Major Kudos to the young man employee who suggested Moszanbique restaurant for our anniversary, and the fact that a car comes to pick you up at the hotel and drives you back (Lincoln Sedan on the way there, and Bentley on the way back!, all complimentary!) The restaurant was PERFECTION, and bar/music on upper level after. Pool area beautiful with view of ocean. Never did find the opening to the beach you were suppossed to walk too, even with hotel map. We ended up driving to the beach. Hotel provides beach chairs, but if you want comfort-bring your own. Also bring water bottles. There is a glass bottle in the room you can refill, but you don't want to tote that to the beach. Great Value for money, Amazing food, quaint rooms, would go back. Nice actually to not have kiddos around, and everyone friendly during happy hour and breakfasts!

Room Tip: See if they actually have a gas fireplace, and ocean view doesn't matter as much as its off your...
Green Features: Sorry the glass water bottle,a nice "green" touch, but not convenient to tote around town.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CasaGirl, General Manager at Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
We greatly appreciate that this couple chose our inn for their anniversary getaway and we’re happy to know that their stay with us was enjoyable, despite the noted dislikes. We thank them for their kind words and high rating. Rather than address each of the negatives in the review, I would simply suggest that prospective guests read our previous reviews and spend some time browsing the myriad of photos and information on our website in order to get a true picture of our rooms, grounds, and services – or better yet, call us regarding any concerns. We are so pleased that this couple plans to return to our inn, and we look forward to providing them with the superior service we are famous for.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
  • Turkish first
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Casa Laguna Inn is by far the best bed and breakfast/inn I have ever stayed! Compared to over populated large hotels, Casa Laguna Inn is very quaint and personal. The outside visual of the Inn is deceiving, as in it looks like a run down motel. However, once you step foot in the main foyer its as if you stepped into another world. There are lush green trees and plants, along with strategically placed well kept flowers and succulents. After checking in we were taken on a tour of the grounds and informed of its rich history. Our room, deluxe w/ patio was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Small, but well equipped with plenty of amenities like ; jetted tub, electric fireplace, HD tv w/ dvd player. The king size bed we had could not have been more comfortable! I was under the impression that the complimentary breakfast would be minimalistic as in most are, however it was top notch! I had the chorizo and eggs w/ potatoes.
Overall I was thoroughly impressed and am booking another two days for the first week of August. If your staying in Orange County, stay here!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so excited that the couple has already made reservations for a return visit to Casa Laguna, and we look forward to spoiling them again with our award-winning service and amenities. We cannot thank them enough for their business, their loyalty, and their kind review.
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

My expectations were high before even arriving due to reading all of the previous guest reviews, but they were exceeded and then some! My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and it was a peaceful respite that really ministered to us. We'll definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are a must.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
It is always the goal of the management and staff of Casa Laguna maintain or exceed the superior reputation we have built over the years through TripAdvisor and the invaluable word-of-mouth marketing assistance provided by our loyal guests. We are thrilled to hear that this couple believes we have succeeded in that goal. We thank them for taking the time to leave this lovely review and we look forward to their next visit.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

One of the most romantic weekends of my life . Although, I am slightly biased our first child was born 9 3/4 months later.
The walk to the beach is a little long but we went in through the Montage entrance. i have stayed in some of the "bigger" Laguna hotels. Never again

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 888Olo
CasaGirl, General Manager at Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
It’s couples like 888Olo who helped Casa Laguna become recognized as one of the top 10 romantic hotels in the US, according to Traveler’s Choice. Of course there’s no way to know exactly how many children have been conceived at Casa Laguna, but it’s a safe bet the number is in the hundreds. When this couple returns for their “parents escape,” we’ll be sure and show them the shortcut to beautiful Victoria Beach, which is a lot closer than Treasure Island (Montage). We want 888Olo to know how much we appreciate their patronage and their review, and we look forward to having them back for yet another romantic getaway in the very near future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Nice place, wonderful food. The grounds are welcoming and well-groomed. Unfortunately, our second trip in as many years revealed multiple young, rude employees that didn't seem to care much about their guests. From the breakfast waitress who was quite short with us, "ready yet?!", to the young girl at checkout who felt the need to insult me (see below), I doubt I'll be back. If you're used to Four Seasons service, look elsewhere. If a Home Depot-style B&b is your thing, Casa Laguna is for you!

So, at checkout a 20-something woman gave me my bill, which was confusing so I asked her to explain. She seemed annoyed, then said, "I don't want you to be confused", in a tone that showed she thought I was an idiot. I told her that I get confused easily, as I'm just a dumb doctor. This dumb doctor will be spending his money elsewhere.
- Daniel More, MD

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank ShotDoc
CasaGirl, General Manager at Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
We thank ShotDoc for taking the time to share his experience with others. Since we get rave reviews for our service and many of our employees are often singled out for going above and beyond the call, we are a bit confused by this guest’s complaints. I have interviewed my staff regarding this guest and all I can say is that I am very sorry if he felt he was being somehow singled out. That was certainly not the intention of any of my staff. As our previous reviews and awards would indicate, we constantly strive to provide the very best in dedicated guest-first service. I certainly do not feel that the age of my staff has any bearing on their abilities. We do have a few new employees, all of whom are in the same age range as those who would have been on duty last year, and all of whom have satisfactorily completed the same training. I would agree that those who are interested in staying in a bustling big box hotel or resort like the Four Seasons with employees who stand at attention as you approach might not be a good match for our inn. We want ShotDoc to know that we appreciate his prior business and we wish him the very best in finding accommodations that better meet his unique criteria.
Redlands, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Charming little historic hotel. Most rooms have ocean views, although the hotel is on the inland side of Pacific Coast Highway. My wife and I spent a couple of nights here during fourth of July weekend. Room was small but very well appointed. The grounds are beautiful, with multiple levels and many secluded tables and chairs for a private cup of coffee or a nightcap. The included breakfast was cooked to order and excellent. We also had a very nice couples massage here. If you visit in the summer, the distance to town and the beach is alleviated by the free shuttle/trolley that runs every 15 minutes until 11pm and has stops right by the hotel.

Room Tip: Top level rooms all have ocean views.
1 Thank Don M
We are so pleased that this couple enjoyed their Casa Laguna getaway and we thank them for their kind words regarding our romantic property, award-winning breakfast, and relaxing spa services. We hope they will have the opportunity to visit us again very soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I decided to explore California for my first time ever over a long weekend, with my dog. It was, of all places I have every stayed anywhere, my favorite. This was due to many things, such as it being on the coast in the first place, and the location in Laguna Beach! (The view from my patio alone made it all worth it.) The room was cute and very small, but it had way more great little things than I expected. The cookies were a great touch! The inn and grounds were charming, the walk to the beach was short, breakfast was amazing, and everyone was very nice and helpful. I recommend this place, especially with the ocean-view patio!

Room Tip: Bring a picnic lunch and get a room with a patio.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank J6242013
Just because Casa Laguna was chosen as one of the top ten most romantic inns in the world doesn’t mean we are just for couples. A large number of solo travelers, like J6242013, find our inn to be the perfect place to relax, kick back, and enjoy some “me” time. We’re so glad this guest chose Casa Laguna for their holiday weekend getaway, and we want them to know how much we appreciate their patronage and the fact that they took the time to write this lovely review. We hope they will have the opportunity to stay with us again very soon.