Laguna Beach House(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$339
$279
The Tides Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$223
$207
Holiday Inn Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$202
$195
  • Pool
The Inn At Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$343
  • Pool
Laguna Brisas Hotel(Laguna Beach)(Great Value!)
$177
  • Breakfast included
$889
  • Pool
Montage Laguna Beach(Laguna Beach)
$945
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,646/night.

Hotels.com
1,187 results
All reviewsvictoria beachwine and cheesebed and breakfastocean viewroad noiseprivate patiobreakfast was deliciousspanish stylerooms are smallthe pacific coast highwayshort driveheated poolromantic getawayorange countyfree trolleypropertyjerry
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Actually, there is very little good to say about this hotel. The grounds are nicely kept, and the food is ok. We booked a delux ocean view room and a togetherness massage. The room was tiny. There was just enough room to walk around the double bed - yes double bed. You remember what they are. The bed was terrible. Neither my wife nor I got any sleep the first night. There was a noticeable urine smell in the bathroom. The hotel is located on a busy road. We had to run the ac to drown out the road noise. There was a partially obstructed ocean view from our room. We sat on the bench outside the room to watch the sunset, listen to the road noise, and smell car exhaust the first night. My wife said her massage was ok. I liked the $39 introductory massage and massage envy far better. The woman giving me my massage had callouses on her hands that scratched when she rubbed. The tub used for the sunset soak was at most 18 inches deep and barely large enough for two people. We are talking about a package with a $350 price tag. Definitely a ripoff. The explanation for the quality of the bed is that there is normally a feather bed topper. My wife is allergic to down, so we had the topper and down pillows removed from the room. For a room that rents for almost $300 a night this explanation is incredulous. I can't remember staying in a more uncomfortable room, and I've stayed in a number of budget motels. My wife and I were so uncomfortable we left after only one night. That's right. We left even though there was no refund for the second night. Unbelievable. Save your money. There are many wonderful places to stay in Laguna Beach.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank unhappy_camper_222
CasaGirl, General Manager at Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

I think it’s logical to assume that someone who chooses unhappy_camper_222 for their Tripadvisor screen name has no intention of ever putting up a positive review. And anyone who has ever been to our website or read our reviews and my replies already knows what I’m going to say about most of this excessively critical review. However, this is definitely a time when Casa Laguna needs to correct a number of inaccurate statements. Our Deluxe Ocean View rooms are 200 square feet as indicated on the room page of our website and all are clean and well-appointed with plenty of room to move around—as seen in the photos on the Deluxe Ocean View Room page of our website. Photos on that page also show what unhappy_camper_222 calls an obstructed ocean view. The great majority of those who have stayed in this room call it quaint, charming, and comfortable, and the view spectacular. The bed is a Queen bed, not a double bed. All of our rooms have Queen or King beds. I know because I buy the linens. The great majority of our guests rave about the comfort and sleep quality of our cloudlike beds. In this case, even though our luxurious down toppers are certified hypoallergenic, unhappy_camper_222 insisted that the topper be removed—something we would usually only do for people who need to sleep on a more firm surface. Our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and sanitized every day, then inspected by the head housekeeper. An unpleasant smell in one of our bathrooms that has been fully sanitized is highly unlikely, but should a guest indicated dissatisfaction with the cleanliness of a room, we would immediately send a crew to re-clean and re-sanitize. We received no such call from unhappy_camper_222. As indicated by the majority of our reviews, road noise is not a problem for most guests, and I cannot remember every having a prior complaint about car exhaust. None of our masseuses have calloused hands—a bizarre accusation. I would invite readers to visit our website and view the photo of a couple (of average size) in our garden soak tub and determine whether the tub is, as described by unhappy_camper_222, 18” deep and not big enough for two people. That description is just as inaccurate as calling our queen bed a double bed. What unhappy_camper_222 is actually referring to is the amount of water in the tub. The tub was properly filled in time for the reserved soak, but unhappy_camper_222 arrived so late that some of the water had drained. All he needed to do was ask and we would have topped it off – something he could have also done very easily himself. And finally, we find all the talk about cost and value--to use this guest’s word--incredulous, since almost all of the cost of the stay was paid for with a gift certificate given him by a friend. It was unhappy_camper_222s choice to leave and the reason he left was quite simply because he was an unhappy camper from the minute he arrived and there was nothing Casa Laguna management and staff could have done to make him happy. Regardless of the many misrepresentations in unhappy_camper_222s review, we take all complaints seriously and react when deemed appropriate. We will be purchasing memory foam toppers to use in place of down toppers when requested by a guest. And we will provide beeswax treatments for our massage team to assure their hands are baby soft.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

In September 2012 we spent our 25th anniversary at the wonderful Casa Laguna Inn & Spa. One of the delightful breakfast entrees they have is called "heaven and earth" and all I can say about our stay is that it was Heaven ON Earth. From the first moment meeting Lisa and her welcoming us to the Inn everything was exceptional. We were greeted in our room, the Cottage, by a wonderful note of congratulations and a bottle of champagne - what a delight to sip a glass while watching the sun set from our balcony.
The grounds of Casa Laguna are lush and meticulously cared for - the sounds of the fountains, the birds and the aroma of the flowers throughout the property added to the wonderful experience. We spent the afternoons swimming and relaxing by the pool and felt pampered as we had a wonderful soak treatment in the warm theraputic pool overlooking the ocean. One morning was spent at nearby Victoria Beach with umbrellas and chairs provided by Lisa - we had the beach nearly to ourselves and it was a delight.
What can we say about the breakfasts that other readers have not already raved about. The ability to have the choice of a number of entrees and sides made each morning a new adventure. Each breakfast entree - from french toast to heaven and earth - is prepared to order and arrived perfectly cooked - we couldn't help but stop by after each breakfast to thank the cooks!
Lisa helped us find an excellent nearby restaurant to celebrate at on the evening of our anniversary - we came back to soak in our jetted claw foot tub looking out to the night sky. Each late afternoon we spent time enjoying the wine selection and wonderful appetizers - that plus the great conversations with the other guests made a wonderful start to each evening.
We look forward to our next visit and this time we will bring Lily (our spoodle) since the inn is pet friendly. Again Lisa and team THANK YOU for a wonderful celebration of our anniversary.
Salim and Monty

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank salimalama
CasaGirl, General Manager at Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

The management and staff of Casa Laguna Inn & Spa were thrilled to play an important part in this couple’s very special anniversary. We love to see couples take advantage of all our inn has to offer, from tranquil garden nooks to ocean view balconies and terraces, therapeutic sunset soaks, acclaimed breakfasts, and all the myriad amenities mentioned by Salim. Our hard-working assistant manager, Lisa, loves getting kudos, and she wants this couple to know that providing them with the highest level of personalized guest-first service throughout their stay was a pleasure and privilege. We appreciate Salim’s mention that beautiful Victoria Beach is very nearby—only a 10 to 15-minute walk through pleasant local neighborhoods—and that we provide chairs and umbrellas to make our guests' day at the beach a more pleasurable one. We cannot thank this couple enough for taking the time to let others know how much they enjoyed their Casa Laguna getaway, and we hope that Salim and Monty will be able to celebrate anniversaries with us for many years to come.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

From the way in which Casa Laguna promotes itself I had really expected a contemporary boutique hotel - that is not what this hotel is, despite its very hefty pricing. There is certainly a lot of window dressing but underneath it, this is a roadside motel that is sorely in need of an overhaul.

While the garden and a nicely presented breakfast are all very well, these things are not fundamental to guest comfort. They don't compensate for cramped rooms, outdated AC and bathroom fittings, horrible fake fires, tired furnishings and theadbare carpets. While there is a view of the ocean on the other side of the PCH, there is no nearby access to it on foot and it was impossible to sit and admire it because the balcony of our room was in fact the communal walkway joining all the rooms.

$400 a night is a cheeky price to ask for all this - I paid the same the previous night for a balcony room at the 4 Seasons in Beverly Hills (and I had the balcony to myself). Doubtless
CasaGirl will respond to this review, telling me essentially that I'm wrong, that all other guests like the place and that I should shut up (this is the only hotel I know that counters its critics in this charming way, as opposed to acknowledging that perhaps some of the points being made are valid and worth listening to). Clearly she has a point, and many people do like it. Personally, though, I'll stick with 'big-box' hotels that have had meaningful makeovers carried out in the last two decades, or else go down the road and pay the $100-$200 that I would expect to be charged for accommodation of this standard.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Crowsbill
CasaGirl, General Manager at Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

We are so sorry that Casa Laguna did not meet Crowsbill’s criteria. Because Crowsbill mentioned me specifically, I want him/her to know that I believe everyone has the right to express their opinion, and I respect that he/she has chosen this forum for that purpose. But I also believe that hoteliers have an equal right and duty to respond to reviews—particularly highly negative reviews such as this one—in an honest and straightforward manner. I will only say someone is wrong when I can back up my claim that they are wrong. For example, when someone incorrectly says that we promote ourselves as a contemporary boutique hotel, I can say that they obviously never looked at our web site or read any of our nearly 400 5-star reviews. Had Crowsbill read the About page on our website, he/she would have learned in the first paragraph that a portion of our property was, in fact, a historic motor-inn built in 1946, that was remodeled in 2000 as a bed & breakfast inn and has been continuously upgraded. The word contemporary is never used in our promotions, while the words quaint, romantic, tranquil, and historic are used again and again. When someone claims they saw outdated AC, tired furnishings, and threadbare carpeting, I can say they are wrong and show them photographs and receipts to prove it. All of our rooms have been regularly inspected and upgraded since we opened 12 years ago. Crowsbill’s negative opinions are based on his/her admitted preference for hotels like the specified Beverly Hills Four Seasons, with cookie-cutter rooms and laminated hotels-R-us furniture. Had Crowsbill looked at the page on the Casa Laguna website that shows the room he/she booked, they would have seen photos of the room that show exactly how it is furnished, and even a photo of the outside balcony and the ocean view. The square footage of the room is clearly listed in the description, and room size is described as small but quaint and comfortable in more than half of our nearly 400 5-star reviews. Finally, if Casa Laguna has a high opinion of itself, that is because our guests continually tell us how much they love our tranquil garden atmosphere, cloudlike beds, superb service, myriad amenities, and delicious food; and, the absence of the hassles and hustle-bustle associated with big name hotels and resorts. We always readily admit that we are not for everyone, and we continue to encourage travelers to do their research— to make sure Casa Laguna is right for them by taking a few minutes to carefully peruse the website and reviews before booking.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed for two nights here based on Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. We had a partial ocean view room with a small deck area; which was nice, but there is no avoiding the road noise in front...okay in small doses. We knew about this before we arrived and everything else, from the staff, to breakfast and the wine reception and the comfortable room was very nice. As far as parking, if you have a smaller car it's not a problem; you just need to be aware of the tight spaces. We also walked to nearby Victoria Beach and got to see the surrounding area as well. While in Laguna Beach, make sure to check out the main beach area which is amazing!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
CasaGirl, General Manager at Casa Laguna Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

We want to express our sincere gratitude to sharon1717 for choosing to stay with us at Casa Laguna and for taking the time to let others know how much they enjoyed their time at our inn through this fair and balanced review. We hope they will have they will have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

The staff at Casa Laguna were outstanding - friendly, attentive and efficient. Great location (be aware Casa Laguna is located right on Pacific Coast Highway but is far enough above this busy road for the noise not to be intrusive). Our bedroom was like a doll's house - tiny but very comfortable and containing everything we needed - lots of special touches, making Casa Laguna different, unusual and memorable. The breakfasts were 'to die for' - exceptional fine dining (unusual for breakfast). The 5-7pm wine and nibbles get-togethers were fantastic - many like-minded guests got together to share the time, get to know each other and generally enjoy!
The grounds on which Casa Laguna is located are fabulous - watch the sunset from the Bell-Tower (stunning!). Free WiFi is a bit slow but with patience, it works!
One negative - the property's smoking policy (very ANTI) - have to smoke at the bus-stop (outside the front entrance and ON Pacific Coast Highway) or on the steep hill street outside the car park (off the property) - the local neighbours didn't like this and vocally voiced their displeasure!! Casa Laguna could benefit from designating one of their many terraces for use by smokers otherwise some guests may simply 'break the rules' and smoke on their balcony etc. (I didn't but I didn't appreciate being so unwelcome as a smoker!!).
Finally, Casa Laguna's General Manager seemed rather too 'full of her own importance' for my liking - an ex-Corporate hotel manager, her attitude was, in my opinion, a little too disingenuous. She could learn from being less Corporate and more relaxed and interesting in her guests (like her staff!).
All in all, Casa Laguna is a great place to spend 2-4 nights (we stayed for 6 nights and maybe this was too long!). Enjoy this quirky little gem and all it has to offer!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view and away from the roadside - sunsets are stunning!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

We cherish all of our many five-star reviews, but we cannot help but be particularly proud of those written by Top Contributors who are as well-traveled as H1CAJ. We are so glad H1CAJ enjoyed all that Casa Laguna has to offer and we thank this couple for taking the time to share the details of their experience through this review. We smiled upon reading the word “quirky” in the title, and we can only assume our UK friends use that word to indicate unusual and original rather than eccentric and peculiar. We also thank H1CAJ for giving us the opportunity to provide important information about Laguna’s strict non-smoking ordinances. Those who come here from places where public smoking is common and openly accepted, particularly Europeans, should be aware that under California labor code it is unlawful for any individual to smoke tobacco products in an enclosed workplace, including restaurants, bars, shops, government buildings, and more. Laguna Beach ordinances further extend that restriction to include beaches and outdoor restaurant patios. California recognizes second hand smoke as a very real health issue, and therefore also permits individual businesses to restrict or prohibit smoking as they see fit. To allow smoking anywhere on our property would mean that second-hand smoke would make its way onto nearby patios and into nearby rooms, and that would be generally unhealthy and unacceptable to most of our guests. The fact that our neighbors voiced their displeasure at having someone smoking nearby shows how serious the Laguna Beach community is about this issue. I spent a great deal of time discussing the situation with this guest while she was staying with us, and I can only guess that it was my refusal to acquiesce on the subject that led to her bad opinion of me. I am, however, pleased to know that she found my staff pleasant, engaging, and helpful, as I have trained them to be. Most importantly, I am heartened to know that this couple greatly enjoyed their stay overall, and I again express my gratitude for their patronage and their honest and detailed feedback.