“Excellent Food”

Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laguna Ave
Description: Nick's indoor/outdoor Laguna Beach venue features Classic American comfort food, crave-able bar snacks, plus unique cocktails & an extensive wine list. Located in the heart of Laguna Beach, our intimate 80-seat restaurant features a chic bar and beautiful outdoor patio. Our décor highlights several artistic touches, from inlaid abalone and oyster-shell accents to artistic mosaic tile floors. The Exotic wood-trimmed booths and hand-blown glass lamps along with warm tones of brown, blue and sand complement the exposed brick walls. Our exhibition kitchen showcases the talents of our passionate culinary team. Nick’s Laguna Beach has become a favorite in Orange County to dine, drink and escape.
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We loved this place! Just had lunch and the food was excellent. We had the blackberry and blueberry mojitos. Outstanding! Erika had the Ahi Salad. Very fresh and a great balance of flavors. I ordered the fish sandwich. They were out of the usual fish and they replaced it with Sea Bass. Best "Fish Sandwich" that we have ever had.

Location was great. Service was pleasant. Very clean and crisp updated modern look. We will eat here again when we return to Laguna.

2  Thank Michael_Erika_B
There are newer reviews for Nick's Laguna Beach

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

We spent a great night at nicks. Food was great service was great. Very. Very nice staff. Best Jb seen in years. Anyway. If U thinking of going here. Just go. Totally worth it. Great wine list too. And let's not forgets desserts. great!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My hubby ordered the filet. Probably one of the best steaks ever. Tasty, tender, perfect! Need to get there early or make reservation....it gets very crowded.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went to the Lagula Arts Festival and Pagent of Masters. These were about a half mile from Laguna Beach town. We parked at the Arts Festival area and walked to dinner. It was a leisurely walk to town. It was fun meandering down streets of town looking in shops along the way. Nick's was a pleasant surprise. It seems quite popular. Business was booming. We had a marvelous artichoke and dipping sauce. I had the chicken tacos which I really loved. There was so much food that I had to pass on dessert. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others.
Staff was friendly. Everyone around seemed to enjoy it.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

My brother suggested this place on our visit to Laguna Beach. We even had taken the hassle to wait for half hour on the waiting list to try it. At least, the person who had taken our name showed the curtesy to give us a call when the table was ready so we did not have just stand at the door.

We were seated towards the back of the restaurant where we had a nice view of the kitchen. The people inside seemed like they knew really well what they were doing. One person kept on checking how the food looked on the plates meanwhile doing some tasting occasionally. It was fun to watch how the cooks actually were operating. The restaurant was modernly decorated, nothing cozy. The tables were mainly surrounding the walls and a bar in the middle. I usually enjoy cozy atmospheres, the coziness feels like as if it invites people to stay and enjoy, but the design inside here was pretty common, engineered for efficiency.

We had a tuna tartare for starters. It was my first fish tartare and tasted great. After having meat tartare in Paris and fish over here, I guess I am beginning to like raw meat. My main dish was "Nick's Ribeye Melt" which just left a great creamy taste with the sauce spread in the sandwich. My brother had been here a couple of times, so he went on choosing the veggie burger, which caused him no problems other than joy. The service was quite good, I saw a group of 8, whose average age was like 75. They had brought their own wine and were bargaining on how many bottles they can open from their own. It was nice of the restaurant to accept.

I liked the food a lot, it was worth waiting for half an hour strolling outside. I would recommend this place for the taste of the food, but if you are also looking for a cozy atmosphere, then keep searching a bit more.