“A+” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nick's Laguna Beach

Nick's Laguna Beach
Reserve with OpenTable
Nick's Laguna Beach is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 169 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Laguna Ave
Description: Nick's indoor/outdoor Laguna Beach venue features Classic American comfort food, crave-able bar snacks, plus unique cocktails & an extensive wine list. Located in the heart of Laguna Beach, our intimate 80-seat restaurant features a chic bar and beautiful outdoor patio. Our décor highlights several artistic touches, from inlaid abalone and oyster-shell accents to artistic mosaic tile floors. The Exotic wood-trimmed booths and hand-blown glass lamps along with warm tones of brown, blue and sand complement the exposed brick walls. Our exhibition kitchen showcases the talents of our passionate culinary team. Nick’s Laguna Beach has become a favorite in Orange County to dine, drink and escape.
Cooper City, Florida
“A+”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I can usually find something to be critical about with any restaurant, but I loved this place. We stopped by without a reservation and they were full, so we ate at the bar. This is a small boutique restaurant open to the street in the front. It's casual yet a bit elegant at the same time. The atmosphere was vibrant but not so loud that you couldn't have a conversation. Service was attentive. The menu was diverse but not overpriced. I had the sea bass and I would say it's probably the best I've ever had in my life. We had a great experience and I highly recommend this place, however it is small so if you want to go get a reservation.

• Visited March 2013

• Korean first
  • Thai first
Dallas, Texas
“Can't miss this if visiting Laguna and you like to eat amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

We went here based on the TA #1 rating and all 5 of us would agree this place rocks! The location could not be better, the ambience ditto and the food.... Oh my. I thought it was weird that we tried to make res on a Monday night and could only get 5:30 or 8:30- we wondered is this place really that good? My husband's family has a home here and we have just recently married and I researched new places to eat. So three adults and two kids have all reviewed tonight's dinner and all 5 give thumbs up, a rare event. For starters prices are great and menu very well rounded and so many choices but really a play on American favorites but done oh so right. We had the meatloaf, excellent, Halibut sandwich delicious, fried chicken and biscuits say more? But the best was the ribs that fell off the bone with the best Asian coleslaw you have ever had. So after all this food we order the butter cake, really...this is the best thing I have ever put in my mouth. Somewhere between white cake, cornbread, shortbread and pound cake with butter and a crusty sweet and salty edge baked in a small pan so it comes out like a mini round cake with vanilla ice cream on top. Seriously this is one of those desserts that you throw all of the two hour work outs out the window, who cares how many calories or how bad this is for you it tastes so damn good! Really. I asked for the recipe twice but was shot down. I'm still working in getting my hands on that. We did not order the Mac and cheese but can only imagine. This will be our new staple whenever we are in town and the best place to eat in Laguna.

Anaheim, Ca
“Great food, great prices, great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went for lunch in March 2013. The place is small but we had reservations. We sat in the patio area which was really nice. The food was exceptional. I had the prime rib dip sandwich which may have been the best I ever had. The roll was soft, the meat was tender and the flavor was delicious. We had the asparagus spears as an appetizer and they were great. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for good food, a nice atmosphere, and not an expensive place.

• Visited March 2013
“Clean, tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I took some clients here. What a great place. Although a little loud for me, three good was excellent.We started with the shrimp taquitos, which were crisp and nicely spiced. I had the halibut sandwich which was fresh and tasty. My clients had the sea bass and chicken pot pie, which they sol said was great.

If i come back to laguna beach,i would definitely come back.

Olympia, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Halibut Sandwich with Flair”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

It is rare to find a good fresh fish entree and this place delivers with it's grilled halibut sandwich
stuffed with great, fresh California arugula and coleslaw...yum. The only detraction was the big,
fat size of the briouche roll that encompasses it. Intimate and dimly lit with open outdoor balcony seating and friendly servicers made for a nice stop. A bit too noisey though.

• Visited February 2013