WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Awesome views!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coast Inn

Coast Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laguna Beach
Coast Inn
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Laguna Beach
San Diego
“Awesome views!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2006

I've been to Laguna many years ago. On this next trip I was unaware of the change of ownership. I made my reservation by phone & they were very kind & courteous. The rooms are nicer than I remembered them. I'm assuming some refurbishing had been done.

The hotel is an older hotel but the tranquility of that beautiful ocean view & being rocked to sleep by the waves was exactly what I needed on this trip. The price is very good considering how close to the ocean I was. The staff was very accomadating & friendly.

There is no continental breakfast but there is a restaurant below in the Boom Boom Room called the Boom Cafe that has excellent food.

I can't wait until my next visit!

Daniel-Trip

• Liked — The awesome views
  • Disliked — Old building
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
6 Thank DANIEL-TRIP

San Diego, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2006

The Coast Inn has never been notable for its amenities, but I used to stay there because it was right above the famous Boom Boom Room. It's rather pricey for what you get, but it's a gay hotel and I wanted to support it. However, the last straw was my most recent visit. I called the day I wanted reservations there, and I asked what was going on at the Boom Boom Room that night, since the bar and hotel share the same staff and management. I was told it was business as usual, so I made the reservation and checked in a few hours later. I took a nap and went out to the bar around 10pm. The place was dead. Forty-five minutes later, the LAST CALL was announced. The place was closing before 11pm! Apparently, if there are not enough people in the bar, they now close down early, whenever they feel like it. The whole reason I was spending the night at the Inn was because I didn't want to drink and drive -- but I never even had the chance to have more than one drink. There is no management on the property at that time, though, so you can't even check out of the hotel at that time. I called the next day to complain, since there was still no one in the office when I left the next morning. My call was met with rudeness and a denial of what they had told me the day before about that night being business as usual. The Boom and Coast Inn are closing in about a year, so the management has become belligerent toward customers, because they don't care if you don't come back: They're closing anyway. This place was always quaint, but it was fun. The fun is gone. So are the once-loyal customers such as myself.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — management/room
  • Tips/Secrets — stay at another hotel in Laguna, which is not what it used to be
  • Stayed January 2006, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
11 Thank jamescorns

Travelers are raving about these Laguna Beach hotels

Sacramento, Ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2006

The Coast Inn is the PERFECT place to stay in Orange County for the Gay/Lesbian traveler. It is fight above the largest Gay club in Orange Co., not to far from "Downtown Laguna", and only 1 block from the other gay clubs in Laguna Beach.

Personally, I would recommend one of the Suites facing the Beach and overlooking the ocean. The sunset over Catalina Island is to die for! And the view of the boys and girls walking on the beach ain't bad either!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No staff on duty at night when you lock your keys in your room
  • Stayed April 2006, traveled on business