“Poor food at expensive prices”
Review of The Loft

The Loft
Reserve with OpenTable
The Loft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 179 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montage Resort Drive & South Pacific Coast Highway
Description: The Loft, a favorite of guests and locals alike, is the resort’s comfortable all-day dining restaurant. Situated on the fourth floor, this popular Orange County restaurant features stunning panoramic views – the perfect backdrop for enjoying creative American cuisine.
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Meat is way overcooked here (tip: order it rare, they can always put it back on for a bit).
Soups was good. Salad was a pile of $16 uninspired greens. Cheese bites were good but again expensive $21. At forty dollars plus an entree, I would expect some awesome food. I agree with the previous reviewer, I could have burned them just as well at home. $200 before drinks for two for mediocre food. How could "The Loft" be so bad, when the reviews on "The Studio" are so good. The Montage needs to step up the quality for the prices they are charging. On the bright side, the view is nice and service is good.

2  Thank beachnut2
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at The Loft, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your comments; I appreciated your feedback regarding The Loft at Montage Laguna Beach. I regret that the cuisine you received was lackluster, and did not better compliment the excellent service you received. We pride ourselves on providing fresh and delicious culinary meals. I only wish you could have enjoyed the wonderful service we are known for. I hope we will have the opportunity to see you again in the future. I will send you a private message with my contact information. Please reach out to me if you have any further questions.

Todd Orlich

Reviewed July 29, 2010

Went here for my second marriage celebration with my kids. The service was decent and they brought out champagne and sparking cider which was a nice touch. Unfortunately the kids chicken fingers were more tastey than our dinner. My husbands steak tasted like nothing for $50.00 and my fish was not cooked thru on a bed of watery and mushy risotto. We ordered a bottle of wine, salads, 4 kids meals and a $75.00 cake(pretty but not good) and the bill was $500.00!! Very dissapointed

3  Thank kerijohnsononthego
Reviewed January 2, 2010

We ate here New Years Eve and breakfast the following day. New Years had both a Pre Fixe Menu and ala carte; we had a large party and ordered off both. The food was fairly good, but not excellent => the best entree was the Snapper; the Sea Bass was a bit bland - salt would have helped. The Steak had blue cheese, however, just a slab - not melted over the top. Oysters for appetizers - just okay - pre-seasoned - no horse raddish or other toppings. The fries were excellent.

Service was mostly outstanding - we ate really early (with little kids) - so tons of help all over the place. Excellent wine selection. Only complaint on service was that the pre-fixe items (desert) came out before we even had an option to order ala carte deserts - so a 20 minute gap between the two...

View - day or night - is excellent.

Breakfast was much less impressive and $$$$ EXPENSIVE. For $140 + Tip for 5 people - I expect a warm bagel for $50+ per head - mine was toasted and ice cold. Sit on the patio to get the view - else just go into Laguna Beach - lots of alternatives.

Reviewed June 25, 2009

(As I'm writing this review, I have to keep going back and re-editing, because I've used the word "wonderful" so many times)

We went to the Loft for my birthday breakfast. Sat outdoors on their patio, which has a wonderful view of the ocean and resort. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. They thought of everything, including shooing away birds that were stalking us. They brought out a sample of some maple bread for us to try. The waiter overheard that it was my birthday, and brought us 2 danishes with a birthday candle.

The food was good, but pricey. I had a waffle with a side of bacon, and my friend had an omelette. Again, they thought of all the details, including warming the syrup for me.

Total cost for 2 of us with the tax and tip was $95, but I didn't feel ripped off. Not a place I'd eat at everyday, but it made for a very enjoyable birthday breakfast.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook