“Great Service, Good Food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Loft

The Loft
Reserve with OpenTable
The Loft is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 169 Restaurants in Laguna Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Montage Resort Drive & South Pacific Coast Highway
Camarillo, CA
“Great Service, Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014

The setting over-looking the ocean is lovely, the service is excellent, and the food for the most part is very good.

Visited March 2014

“Great View and Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

If you plan on dining here be sure to sit on the terrace ideally before sunset. The view is outstanding and definitely part of the experience of dining at the Loft at Montage. The food was very good and the service unhurried but attentive. We had the bucatini and the veal strip loin as entrees, both of which were exceptional. The veal was done perfectly and was accompanied by a sauce that did not hide the flavor of the veal. Also, as not being a big polenta fan, I was able to substitute garlic mashed potatoes instead. As is the case in many California restaurants you are able to bring your own wine and pay a corkage fee which was $25. Overall, we had a great time at the Loft and would certainly go back there the next time we are in the area.

• Visited March 2014
Hertford, United Kingdom
“It's not really the food you're paying for.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This was supposed to be a treat on a recent visit to Laguna Beach. The resort is certainly very well maintained and service is attentive. The bar, where we had a drink before our meal, is very pleasant, especially when the piano player is in evidence. However, whilst the sea bass my husband ordered was good, it was by no means outstanding. I had the scallops - and reader, they died in vain! The chef had decided to totally obliterate their delicate taste with a glaze of extreme saltiness - soy sauce, if I had to guess. I ended up cutting off the outsides. The accompaniments did not enhance the dish. The cost, as you would expect, was steep, which made the disappointment all the greater.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank CNH0101
ToddOrlichGM, General Manager at The Loft, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
I will follow up with the team immediately to address your concerns. I sincerely regret that your experience was lacking and am eager to make this up to you. I have sent you a private message. Please follow up with me so I may offer my formal apologies. We look forward to redefining your experience in the near future.

Todd Orlich
Hockessin, Delaware
“Great Burger at The Loft bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

This would be a great special occasion restaurant but in my case, I arrived late in SoCal from an east coast flight and wanted a quick bite and glass of wine before turning in. The cheeseburger and fries, while simple, were very good, and if I was not pushing 12 a.m. east coast time, I could have easily lingered and tried additional choices from the restaurant's wine list. I sat at the bar as a single businesswoman and the meal was relaxed and comfortable.

• Visited January 2014
New York City, New York
“Fabulous food, fabulous service, spectacular setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

We had breakfast at The Loft three times and dinner once during our recent stay at the Montage, and the food, the service and the setting were truly amazing. The buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and some kind of whipped creme fraiche were the best pancakes I have ever had! We also loved the huevos rancheros, the Parma eggs, the crepes and the sunnyside-up eggs with bacon and sliced tomatoes (at the suggestion of my waiter, I substituted sliced tomatoes for the fingerling potatoes the eggs normally come with, and he was right, the tomatoes tasted as if they had just been picked, they were so fresh). The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive. Dinner (I had the tagliatelle bolognese and my husband the roasted chicken) was also very good, although not quite as memorable as the breakfasts we enjoyed there. Oh, I almost forgot to mention the spectacular views one enjoys from the fourth floor of the Montage overlooking the pool/beautiful grounds of the Montage and, of course, the Pacific Ocean. We are already looking forward to our next stay at the Montage and its dining venues, all of which are outstanding.

• Visited February 2014