“Okay nothing special”

Mangia Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #25 of 77 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went in twice, once had the lasagne, it was okay, small portions very flat, not tall and cheesy and saucy, Stouffers was better. We tried the brushetta, so so, no pizazz.
But hey let's go one more time, had giant combo pizza, okay, nothing real spectacular there either so i doubt after two underwhelminng trips, if we'll be back.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Dined here with two friends for dinner. We ordered a pizza and family salad. The salad was really good, but way too much for the 3 of us. The pizza was excellent. This is casual, family-oriented place. A few kids running around and a bit noisy, but the food and service were very good. We each took home some salad and some pizza. A pleasant experience.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We were pasta and salad eaters, so we don't know what the pizza is like, but we've had pasta and salad twice. The atmosphere is ultra-family, and often whole teams of sports-kids are booked to eat there after the game. It's not a place to have a business meeting or a romantic date. However, I was with an old pal from way back, and we just needed some filling, solid Italian food for a decent price in what otherwise is a foreboding neighborhood, in terms of price, around my home. It's very hard not to have to drop $100-bill just for a bite to eat and a glass of wine in Lafayette, (and maybe a second glass, around here, moves you into the $125 range, after tax and tip). There's just not too many places right in the heart of this bistro hotspot, that draws in from several cities, where you can feed two, without booze, but with pasta, salad, bread and water, and very friendly and attentive service, (and nicely done dishes), for only $40-$60 out-the-door. I was from San Francisco, near the Tenderloin, and ended up in this ritzy village almost by accident, so my City friends and I often are at a loss as to where lower-middle-class dining is even possible around here. (Especially if you want Italian, so I'll keep bringing my SF buddies there. In SF, due the thousands of restaurants, there are bargain Italian joints to be found, but once you cross into Lamorinda, there can be sticker shock.) So, we're grateful for the haven Mangia has given us. And I don't need to tell folks that the Lafayette Circle and La Fiesta Square, soon to be adding The American Kitchen, and having recently added The Cooperage, is THE place to be on in Contra Costa County. Go Mangia!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

This was a nice surprise...the pizza's were delicious and had nice hand-tossed thinner crust with the bubbles built in the edges. Nice toppings. The service was excellent. There was a reasonable wine selection at great prices and the whole place was very well suited for families. Great location (although parking can be tough on a Friday night). Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

There on a Fri nite about 6:oo very crowded and noisy. Seated right away for 2. We shared house salad waiter split order no problem looked like we both got full serving. Hubby got small pepperoni and salami pizza he liked. Thick crust. I had Prawns Sicilia 6 Lg Tiger Prawns sauteed with sun dried tomatoes,zuccini and yellow squash over spinich fettuccini in a tasty cream sauce. Very good, large serving I took half home. Except for the noise, service and food very good.You just can't hear yourself talk have to yell to be heard.

1  Thank Gloria P