“Wonderful family restaurant”

Chow Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We support our neighbors and local farms by offering fresh, organic, healthy ingredients. Our chicken is organic free-range, our beef is natural & organic and our seafood is sustainably caught & delivered fresh. All our desserts are made fresh daily in our Lafayette location and fresh juices are pressed to order. This commitment to quality has put us on San Francisco Chronicle's list of the Top 100 Restaurants in the Bay Area nine years in a row.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a very nice and classy family restaurant. If you want to have a casual meal, and don't mind to have kids around this place is for you.

The food is very good, not too expensive and I never had to wait to be seated.

There are newer reviews for Chow Restaurant

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We are local residents who have been regular customers (i.e., eat there once or twice a week) for the past six years. Some new restaurants recently opened nearby and we're not sure if it's the stress of competing for business or the loss of talented staff, but Chow is about to permanently fall off our list of "go to" restaurants. The service remains spectacular inside but we've officially given up trying to eat outside; long delays to place an order, even longer delays for food to arrive. More importantly, we used to be able to rely on consistently high food quality, but the widening inconsistency between great food one night and poor food the next night is driving us nuts. Chow Management: Please don't post a reply apologizing; just fix it!

1  Thank JHugener
Reviewed July 13, 2014

I have eaten at Chow 30-40 times, mostly because others want to go. My favorite dish (their best, IMO) is Eggs Benedict, even if they overcook the yolks 30-40% of the time. Unfortunately, they only serve breakfast in the AM, which makes it difficult to find something awesome later in the day.

I usually end up with the Cobb Salad, but even at $15 for the "Large", the portion is too small and I have to ask for extra, extra lettuce.

ChowFoodBar, General Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hi Craig,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not more impressed with our lunch & dinner offering, and the size of our entree salads. Please let us know next time you're in if there's anything we can do to make your meal more enjoyable-- if something's wrong, we want to make it right!

Thanks,

Claudio C., General Manager

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Good looking restaurant on tree-lined little street - very nice setting. We had a group of 8 there for lunch on a Saturday afternoon.The food itself was not bad, but nothing special. I thought it was a bit over-priced as well. For example, I had the fish tacos, which for about $14, you would think would have a couple nice chunks of fish in them. Note. The fish pieces were skimpy & the tacos were not dressed very well. They had no pizazz..
The peach pie we had for dessert was darn good - very fresh & tasty.
Bottom line: I don't think I would return, except maybe for another piece of that pie.

1  Thank Alskimon
ChowFoodBar, Guest Relations Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that the Fish Tacos were a let down. That dish is usually packed with flavor, so it sounds like we were a little off our game on your visit, and for that I apologize! I am glad that you enjoyed the Peach Pie-- I hope you will return for another slice while these amazing peaches are still in season, and hopefully you'll give the rest of the menu another try!

Thanks for taking the time to review us!

Jamie J., Chow Restaurants

Reviewed July 2, 2014

How i wish Chow would locate in Scottsdale! Every time i come to visit family in Walnut Creek, i ask to be taken to Chow for another meal. This was my third visit and the food was outstanding again, just like usual.

i started with the beet salad and followed up with Thai noodles. All 4 at the table had some of the salad, which had two types of beets, lettuce and accompaniments of crispy nuts and flavored candied fruits. i asked the waiter if the grapefruit could be left out (heart med conflict) and he asked if he should change the dressing, which also contains grapefruit. Good catch!

Good salad. Nice portion, very fresh and wonderful flavor. The noodles came out soon after the salad, so i wanted to get into it while it was hot from the kitchen. Great flavor! While the noodles were a challenge to keep on the spoon, the broth was so inviting that i didn't go back to the salad till the noodles were completely finished! There were good sized slices of chicken and steak in the mix as well, and the combination of flavors and textures was excellent.

Others had burgers and fries. Lots of smiles Nothing left on any of the plates.

Great waiter. i love when they pick up on a food conflict and make sure to protect customers.

Chow continues to be an excellent place to dine. Only regret was that we all decided to skip dessert until later in the day.

Chow R, General Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Thanks so much for visiting-- we love to know we're on the go-to list for out-of-towners coming to the area! We appreciate the feedback, and are glad to know we have fans in Scottsdale!

Best regards,