“Friendly Neighborhood Lively Restraunt”
Review of Chow Restaurant

Chow Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 75 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We support our neighbors and local farms by offering fresh, organic, healthy ingredients. Our chicken is organic free-range, our beef is natural & organic and our seafood is sustainably caught & delivered fresh. All our desserts are made fresh daily in our Lafayette location and fresh juices are pressed to order. This commitment to quality has put us on San Francisco Chronicle's list of the Top 100 Restaurants in the Bay Area nine years in a row.
Cape Cod
“Friendly Neighborhood Lively Restraunt”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This was our second visit to Chow. Our first visit was for lunch in 2012, the food was good and Chow is a lively place to eat. This time we went for dinner, I ordered the Cobb Salad and was going to get a medium but was told that it was really too small for dinner so I went for the large one. When it was delivered I was very disappointed in the size, I would consider it small. A week earlier I had a Cobb at the Cheese Cake Factory and it was gigantic, yes it cost more but not much more. My wife had the Fish Tacos and it was small and to me did not look appetizing. The waitstaff was friendly but very busy, took the order, delivered it and came by with the check. I would say they were over worked. So bottom line go for lunch get a great burger with fries and a beer, don't go hungry for dinner.

• Visited December 2013
Chow R, Claudio Cravero, General Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you weren't more impressed with the size of your Cobb Salad. We value quality over quantity, so unlike bigger chains, we only fresh, local ingredients. Regardless, I'll make a point of passing along your feedback to the team. As always, we appreciate your insight and will see what we can do better next time. Thanks for reaching out and take care!

Best regards,

Oakland, California
“Affordable Sunday Brunch”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Really nice organic, locally sourced ingredients make for an interesting array of choices. It's a busy place with a deli market so can take some food home for later.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank ReillyRN
Enjoyed reading your review! Using organic, locally-sourced ingredients is something we take very seriously, so we appreciate your recognition of this. Just curious, which dishes do you like best? Thanks so much for your support and come back soon!

Denver, Colorado
“This Is Where The Locals Go For Great Food”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, late night dining (well, late night in Lafayette), we've never had a bad meal here in 4+ years. Lots of tables and a very well-trained staff so you never wait long for a table or food. Really good food.

• Visited December 2013
Happy to hear you always enjoy our cooking! Just because we're curious, which menu options are your favorite? Thanks so much for the five-star review and come back soon!

Best regards,

Meadow Vista, CA
“Pleasant surprise”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at the Lafayette Park hotel, so we decided to walk into the center of town to find a breakfast/brunch place on Sunday morning. Usually when we visit a new town, we just look for a place where there is a lot of "locals" hanging out. We saw a couple park a nice car, a Porsche, in the middle of nowhere, then they decided to walk about a block away. We decided to follow them. A block later we came across Chow. Lot's of outdoor seating, lots of indoor seating, but at 9AM on this Sunday morning it was packed. We put our name on the list, and were told it was about 15 minutes. Interesting layout. A meat market/fresh vegetables/pre-made goodies of all kinds. Multiple beer and wine selections. In the center of the place is a bar/counter space. We window shopped for the required 15 minutes and were seated, a table for two. Usually when I have to wait for a table, I take a peek at what other people are eating that looks interesting. I spied a couple of dishes. When we got the menu, they had a Corned Beef and Hash special, with two poached eggs. I had seen something similar, so this is what I ordered. My wife ordered one of the pancakes, Pear pancakes. We got our organice coffee and waited. Lots of small families, one couple with four childen 5 and under, and the wife pregnant again! We had our coffees refilled once, as the place was jumping. Our meals came. My hash, was a combo of home fries, and fresh corned beef, a little cabbage, onions, and carrots. Nice clear flavors, clearly it was fresh corned beef. Delightful. My wifes Pear Pancakes were light, and they had real Maple Syrup at the table. Very nice. The place was really busy, but the service was good, the patrons relaxed, and the wait staff, on the whole enjoying themselves. The menu was typical of a brunch choice, about half a dozen choices, with multiple items to be ordered on the side, and fresh fruit/muffin/oatmeal, hot cereal choices.

• Visited November 2013
Chow R, Claudio Cravero, General Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thanks for coming in and reviewing us! We're thrilled to hear that you and your wife enjoyed everything from the pancakes to the corned beef special. Do you have to recall the name of your server as well? Would love the chance to share your review with them! Thanks again and come back soon.

Chapel Hill, NC
“Quaint Restaurant with a Market & Wine Store”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Quick stop for a beer before a community meeting. Service was a little slow, and almost non existent outside. Bartender was speedy and we had a chance to walk around the unique market with fresh meat and a very nice wine selection. I wish they had one here in NC. Lovely concept and we will definitely stop back the next time we are in town.

Visited October 2013
Chow R, Claudio Cravero, General Manager at Chow Restaurant, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Can't wait to welcome you back, Jen! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your beer. Which one did you try? Thanks so much for the stars and have a great weekend.