“Local hangout with Excellent Food”

The Park Bistro & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Park Bistro & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 81 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The Park Bistro & Bar showcases only the freshest, local and organically grown produce as well as naturally raised meats and line-caught fish. Executive Chef Adam Carpenter has created an approachable, yet inventive menu, presenting a French twist on American fare. With a wholesome and earthy quality, many dishes elevate “comfort” food. Natural light from the romantic inner fountain courtyard, intimate alcoves, a large communal table and versatile private dining spaces. Rustic stone floors, natural wood tables, leather seating and an original art program create a warm and inviting, yet grand and inspiring, space that will create the most memorable dining experience in Lafayette. The Park Bar overlooks the recently renovated covered patio with an adjacent outdoor terrace featuring two fire pits offering both dining and casual lounge seating year round. The Park Bar offers guests traditional bar fare, aselection of artisanal beers and wines by the glass, and classic cocktails.
Reviewed April 1, 2018

This is a local favorite that goes out of its way to provide unique offerings for the discerning palate. It's also a special occasion restaurant that can accommodate small parties and large if need be. There's a bar waiting area with tables, chairs, and bar counter where you can order food. I don't eat there often but when I do I'm never disappointed. The owner is there a lot of the time. So, if things don't go well, just ask for him. He's more than willing to make things right. Go early or make a reservation, particularly on Friday and Saturday nights.

Reviewed March 20, 2018 via mobile

I celebrated my birthday here in the Private room. Had a special menu created to serve to my guests for an intimate dinner. The service was awesome although it would be nice to have a button that could call someone if service is needed instead of us going out to flag our server. The food was amazing! The Hamachi crudo, chicharon, scallops, pork chop, mashed potatoes, salad, truffle soup. DELICIOUS!!! Would love to try this place at lunch. Will definitely be back to try other dishes! Oh and the coffee was delish!

Reviewed March 17, 2018 via mobile

Lunch was delicious so I wanted to check out dinner later in the week. Even though we just had burgers, they were worth the visit. Enjoyed a great dessert of lava cake with espresso gelato and cappuccinos as well. Cozy room with fireplace as well as tables outside on the porch. Every plate of food that passed our table looked wonderful and we want to return for steaks!

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

We used to eat here all the time. B, L, D. Not anymore. Food and service have tanked. It is a shame.

Jason R, Director of Food & Beverage at The Park Bistro & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Lindsay,

We are so sorry to hear this. I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to discuss what went wrong so we can improve. Our team works incredibly hard and the more we know about the situation, the more we can do to make it right and ensure it does happen in the future. I hope you will allow me a few minutes of your time in order to correct this.

Jason

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Just visited the Park again after a long time. The decor has been updated and the menu improved. The prices are definitely higher but the quality also seems to be much improved. I had the crab cake appetizer which was delicious and the Mary's Pressed Chicken for an entree. The chicken was perfectly cooked and well seasoned - the only disappointment was the relatively flavorless "creamed spinach" base. They have a full bar and lots of mixology options plus a surprisingly good choice of wines. Lots of parking plus valet if you want that.

NBozych, General Manager at The Park Bistro & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your experience at the Park Bistro & Bar. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience and meal. I will also make sure to mention your concerns regarding the creamed spinach to our chef. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the property in the near future.

Warm regards,