“I LOVED IT!”

Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed October 7, 2008

I LOVED this hotel.
The front desk staff was amazing and completely understanding.
When I arrived, they had a complimentary wine display in the lobby. Needless to say, it was perfect after a 7 hour drive.
The rooms were clean and the entire staff was friendly.
A+!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank CMTDMain

Reviewed October 3, 2008

We stayed in this hotel when visiting some family in Walnut Creek. Our last day there we requested and PAID for a late checkout. Our flight was that evening and we really wanted our toddler to get a good nap before the trip home so we decided to pay the extra money so we could stay through the afternoon. We posted the do not disturb sign and our toddler was sleeping peacefully. About two hours before we were supposed to checkout housekeeping banged on the door awakening our son. We went to the door and she asked when we were leaving. My husband pointed to the do not disturb sign and then called the front desk because at this point our toddler was awake and crying. He wouldn't go back to sleep and needless to say the flight home was a lot harder than it would have been had he had a good nap.

We contacted the hotel after we got home and asked for a refund for the late stay fee (more than $100) but they never got back to us.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank soniagabrielson
Reviewed September 29, 2008

I stayed at the Lafayette 3 nights on a business trip. The hotel looks like it's up to date to me (some reviews said it needed to be updated, worn cushions at the pool). Check-in was a breeze, and I came right back down to have a glass of wine for the complimentary wine hour from 5:00-6:00. They even opened a new bottle of white for me since they were winding down.

The room was very nice, king size bed which was comfy, sheets were fine. The view wasn't great from my room on the 2nd floor, but I wasn't there to hang out in the hotel room and stare out the window.

I had dinner at the Bistro, and the food was pretty good and very reasonable. The bartender Luis is a trip and I went to the bar all 3 nights. Met some nice local folks there as well - they like the food and Luis is somewhat famous in the area.

It was too chilly to swim by the time I was done work, but the pool area was very nice, cushions new and clean, and you can order food and drinks out there. There is a dry sauna, and I saw someone in the hot tub. The fitness center is just off the pool and has a big flat screen TV in it. 3-4 cardio machines and a bunch of free weights.

My last day I took the redeye home and drove to Napa. I was in Napa county in 30 minutes, so it was an easy day trip.

I would go back in a minute.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Leenyboleeny
Reviewed August 25, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel on and off since 1990 including spending my honeymoon night here ten years ago.

After a recent stay, I've concluded that I will NOT stay here again until the hotel is updated. Maybe I'm getting more particular with age (35), but they really need to update this hotel. Our bathroom was very dirty with black grout and stains in the bath tub. Our room had an old and musty smell to it. The halls and elevator are very outdated and in desparate need of attention.

The room appears to have been very cheaply and minimally maintained - cheap bath tub faucet, cheap and flimsy closet mirror door, cheap towells, old tv, etc., etc., etc.

The cushions on the pool furniture are old and dirty.

The next night, we stayed at another Woodside Hotel in Napa. This hotel was like I remember Lafayette Park Hotel to be. The rooms were very nice and much much cleaner.

On a positive note, one thing will never change about this hotel - it has a great location. The pool courtyard is very pleasant (despite the old cushions). The staff was also very nice.

I'm sad to say that no level of service or location will get me back to this hotel until it's updated.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BradECA
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I stayed here for four nights while on business in the Bay Area. My room overlooked the fountain courtyard and reminded me of boutique hotels in France and England. The hotel is quiet and well located - 15 min to Berkeley, 25 min to Alameda, under an hour to the wine country. The staff was pleasant and accommodating, the bed comfy, and room service arrived on time. I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank nubusniesstrvlr
Reviewed July 23, 2008

This is a beautiful destination with a wonderful staff, excellent food, pretty rooms with comfortable beds, in an oppulent setting. It has a pretty little courtyard in the center and it's easy to forget the outside world. The SPA experience was one of the best (professional and satisfying) I've ever had. Very European and cozy.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank MyOtherCarIsAnL1011
Reviewed July 1, 2008

We picked this property because it was conveniently located to an anniversary party we attended. I initially thought we would stay on Knob Hill in San Francisco but opted for Lafayette because of its location - am so glad I did! This hotel was truly lovely. I booked the "club" rooms - spacious, comfortable rooms with fireplaces that looked out onto the quaint and private pool area. These were very reasonably priced for the San Francisco area (@$250 per night). The linens and bed were fabulous. I very much appreciated the super clean bathroom and soaking tub. There was every amenity and ample sitting area in the room. The pool area was lovely and private. There is a spa and exercise room. We used the very nicely equipped exercise room but not the spa.
The service throughout the property was discreet, prompt and courteous. Ditto for the front desk. The hotel was located very near BART, (the train into San Fran) and you could get a complimentary shuttle to and from the station. Had we known this before, we might very well have taken BART from the airport. It was an easy walk to other restaurants along the Restaurant Row in Lafayette. We primarily ate in the hotel's cafe restaurant. The food was acceptable (french fries outstanding!) and prices not too absurd for the San Fran area ($12-35 for entree). There was a friendly and active bar. We did not try the hotel formal restaurant primarily because it was closed on Sunday night. Wish it had not been. This hotel is a great value, restful and quaint. I recommend it to any weary traveler or anyone looking for a romantic "get away".

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Delaw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Walnut Creek Marriott
Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!