“Lovely hotel, attentive service”

Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed April 20, 2014

With family living nearby, I have stayed at the Lafayette Park a number of times over the last few years and have always been pleased. This time our extended family took four rooms, all large, well-appointed, and each unique. Beds are comfortable, rooms quiet (except for the one hit by the spray from the plant watering system at 4am). The staff are well trained and unerringly helpful and polite. Enjoyed breakfast in the dining room, late-night hot tub, afternoon sauna. Exercise room adjacent to the pool (with good natural light) is small and clean. Unless there are noisy events going on, the Hotel maintains an air of tranquility. I look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with sprinklers outside the window.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Your enthusiasm for the Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa is inspiring and such a wonderful testament to our dedicated staff. We appreciate your praise, which I am happy to share with the team. Thank you for the note on the sprinklers, which have been adjusted! We look forward to being the site of many more visits.

Nick

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I am a regular guest at Lafayette Park Hotel. I have had the good fortune to stay at some of the more prominent hotels in the United States and a few beyond. My visits at Lafayette Park have been at least so enjoyable as any of those.

Lafayette Park Hotel is my preferred hotel in the East San Francisco Bay area and it is always my first choice when I need a hotel there.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are my preference but even the exterior rooms are quiet. The east Lafayette locatio...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank George S
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Charming and great staff - will look for a reason to come back so we can stay here again. Bedding is comfortable and room well appointed and clean. The grounds are perfect and the restaurant has a great menu and very friendly staff. Love this place.

• Stayed: March 2014
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the staff and service during your stay. We strive to create a memorable experience for all our guests and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend in July 2013 and attended a conference which was held at the hotel. Very nice rooms, comfortable beds too. Conference food was provided by the hotel, it was very good. This is a very nice hotel in a nice quaint little town. Close enough to the big cities, San Francisco and Oakland, but just far enough away too. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Many thanks for choosing Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa while attending your conference. I am so proud of my beautiful property and wonderful staff! We truly appreciate hearing from you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back for another business event or memorable getaway.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

While visiting an old high school friend in Pleasant Hill, California, I had a delightful stay at the Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa.

This hotel has much to offer: It is a beautifully decorated hotel which is located close to the freeway system and BART. If you take the BART system to Lafayette, the Hotel has a shuttle service that will pick you up once you arrive at the Lafayette station. If you will be driving into Lafayette, this Hotel is close to many of the surrounding cities and about 15 minutes from Berkeley. There is a $15/night fee for parking and use of amenities -- such as the pool and fitness center.

The hotel staff was pleasant, well-informed about the areas surrounding the hotel and always willing to provide assistance with driving directions, restaurant suggestions, or places to visit nearby.

Although we did not dine at the restaurant (which we heard from other guests was very good), we did have a cocktail in the bar that was lively with conversation.

The rooms are very spacious and the beds are adorned with a down comforter and pillows. After a long day, it was nice to return to the comforts of my room for a good night's sleep.

If I am visiting the Walnut Creek/Lafayette/Emeryville area again, I will most definitely stay at the Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa.

Room Tip: The only drawback one might have staying at this Hotel (which did not bother me at all): There is a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
NBozych, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Thanks very much for your comments regarding your recent visit! We truly appreciate hearing from you and I am very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We hope you will return to the Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa again very soon.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a convention. The room was lovely and very spacious. I had a room with a queen bed and a sitting area that contained a sofa and chair.

All amenities were present (free wi-fi, shampoo/conditioner/soap/etc., blow dryer, iron, cable TV). The two meals I ate in the bar were great, although pricey. I found only one negative with this hotel - the electrical outlets are few and hidden behind funiture so not easy to get to, it would be nice if there was a power bar on the top of the desk for easy access.

Good access from the BART, the hotel shuttle will pick you up if you give them a call.

Overall, a good hotel, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank DJCat1

We are honored that you chose to stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your praise, and the team looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another fantastic experience. Many thanks for your kind review!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Great hotel in Lafayette, beautifully furnished rooms & foyer, spacious rooms sleep quality was excellent. The staff were very professional & friendly, the restaurant was good with excellent food although a little pricey. Good location near the freeway & also the fast train station across the road. Highly recommend this hotel. A tip if travelling into San Francisco leave very early as the traffic can be very heavy.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank thepezzman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Walnut Creek Marriott
Claremont Club & Spa, A Fairmont Hotel
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!