“Exceptional Experience”

Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lafayette
Reviewed January 17, 2012

The Lafayette Park Hotel rolls out a red-carpet experience in the quaint, country type setting of the East Bay. Natives of the Bay Area, our family makes it a point to at the LPH whenever we visit. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is extremely professional and friendly. The amenities are great, especially the pool area and fitness center. And it's located near everything - including downtown Lafayette that must be explored on foot with its many shops, stores and restaurants.

The LPH is a must stay when visiting the East Bay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
TonyEichers, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Dear Seattle Visitor,
Your positive feedback will be shared with all our associates. Thank you for your comments regarding our five star service and overall cleanliness of the hotel and amenities. Please call me directly at 925-299-4330 for VIP treament and upgraded amenities upon your next visit back to the East Bay.
Warm regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2012

Both surprised and delighted to win this hotel on Priceline as I could not have afforded it otherwise! Professionally and courteously checked in by Roberta who allocated us a delightful room on the 3rd floor convenient to the spa and pool. The heated outdoor pool is open until mid night and excellent food is served in the bistro until 11pm. Really don't understand the previous reviewer as self parking is available for free!
We have stayed in hotels world wide and this is as good as it gets. It really was a perfect stay at a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I've wanted to stay in this hotel for years but I always felt the price was a bit steep. Got a deal on Expedia so I jump at the rate. We stayed in room 242 which is overlooking the freeway & I thought 'Oh, brother they stuck us in the bad room cause we booked through Expedia'. Well, I was wrong! They have built the property with triple pane windows and you can't hear the freeway!
Our room was very large and had 2 lovely plush robes. The doors were solid & well sealed to the hall, so we weren't disturbed by hall noise. The room did not have a coffee/tea maker. They have tea & coffee available in the lobby (when we checked in the clerk neglected to inform us), one evening the hot water was empty & they were out of hot cups. I asked the night clerk & he told me he'd have both brought right up to us! A few minutes later a knock on the door & I was handed a carafe of hot water & 2 cups! What service!!
Ate breakfast one morning and most entrees were $10...the portions were huge and delicious! The only drawback was you have to walk across the courtyard (outside the building) to get to the restaurant/bar. Ok in summer but kinda chilly in the winter. You must valet your car but the valets were great and prompt (we drove our ancient Expedition & they were gracious and not snobby).
All in all, the decor is nice but (I thought) it is more New England Colonial which seemed out of place in Lafayette! We didn't use the spa but was told by friends it was very nice!
We will stay there again and even if I don't get a deal on expedia will probably choke down the room price cause it was so comfortable!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
TonyEichers, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
We are delighted that you were able to stay with us! Thank you for your kind comments regarding our front desk, valet and restaurant experience. I will be sure to share your observations with our staff. Yes, you must experience our Spa, it is the best in the East Bay and possibly the Bay Area. Please call me directly at 925-299-4330 to arrange your next stay.
Warm regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I went to the spa. We loved the room, loved the hotel, and loved the fact that it was quiet. They have a nice little restaurant next door and the room was great. We got a good deal with the Spa as part of the room rate and paid extra so both of us could get a massage. We plan on going back. We live in the Bay Area but it was nice to go away just to enjoy a night off. It was our 20th anniversary and everything was great!

Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Lafayette Park Hotel for a one-night getaway. We live only a few miles away and thought it would be fun to spend a night away from home. We enjoyed the hotel's bar. Luis the bartender is a hoot! Great drinks, terrific bottle of wine and very good food. The hotel even has a complimentary hotel shuttle. We had a third floor room with a king size bed and a fireplace. The room was quite nice, clean and comfortable. The only negative was that the pillows were a bit too hard. If you're looking for a great hotel in the bay area, seriously consider the Lafayette Park Hotel. Thanks for a great night away!

Room Tip: Higher floors and fireplace rooms are very nice. But do request a room that doesn't face the fro...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Lafayette Park Hotel this week.
I would highly recommend staying at the Hotel. Room was beautiful, clean, quiet. Hotel staff were accommodating, friendly, and helpful.
We ate in the Bistro, sat next to the fire place, had an enjoyable meal.
Thank you to the staff, a very enjoyable getaway for my wife and I...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
TonyEichers, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing the Lafayette Park Hotel and Spa as your 'getaway' destination. We are ideal for locals and out of towners alike wanting a brief respite from our busy days and travels during the holidays. I will share your wonderful comments with the Bistro staff and all of our associates.
Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and great restaurants in the new year.
Warm Regards,
Tony

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I was attending a Christmas party at my employers home. The company booked the room and put their credit card down for payment. When I checked in, they asked for my credit card for incidentals. So far, no problem. The room was ok but there was nothing special about it. However, even though my boss walked up to the front desk 30 seconds after me the hotel clerk still charged my credit card for the room. They also put a hold on my credit card for $550 for incidentals on top of charging me for the room! When I called the hotel I was told, "oh so sorry, yes, it says right here which card to charge". Simple mistake but costly! So I get a charge on my card for almost $800. I'm still awaiting the refund for their mistake. Yeah.

I don't think I'll be recommending the Lafayette Park to ANYONE.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank Kristine S
TonyEichers, General Manager at Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2011

Dear Guest,
I apologize for the inconvenience for the confusion regarding your recent stay and the request for additional payment. In our haste we did not review the reservation specifics thoroughly, I have spoken with our front office staff and discussed the need for complete accuracy. I hope you give us the opportunity to be of service again, please call me directly at 925-299-4330 for further assistance.
Warm regards.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lafayette
Walnut Creek Marriott
Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
HYATT house Pleasant Hill
#1 of 6 in Pleasant Hill

Been to Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!