“Perfect for the occasion”

Patxi's Chicago Pizza
Ranked #29 of 75 Restaurants in Lafayette
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Lafayette, California
“Perfect for the occasion”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

For about a week I've had a longing for the pizza at this place which we had tried a few months back. We had a minor celebration today which called for lunch near home and this was my choice. My wife meets colleagues there regularly to catch up on events over coffee and was happy to join me. The service is friendly and welcoming. My wife had the butter salad and I had a thin crust three-meat pizza which was outstanding. (She nibbled on the delightfully-chewy crusts) In the days of many servers wishing us a nice day it was refreshing to hear ours thank us for coming in. The box I brought home will provide an additional pleasant lunch for me.

• Visited November 2012

Orinda, California
“Best pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Once a week, I come here for a single large slice of their deep-dish olive & mushroom pizza. It is incredibly delicious, & so yummy for my tummy.

Visited November 2012
Moraga
“Good Lunch But Don't Order Pizza if You're In a Hurry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Four of us had lunch the week of August 13, 2012. Two of us had salads and they were very good and arrived very quickly. The other two shared a pizza. Patxi's specializes in deep dish pizza and the server advised us that it would take forty minutes for the pizza to be served and that's about how long it took.

If deep dish pizza is what you're looking for this is probably the place but if you are interested in a fairly speedy lunch experience avoid ordering a whole pizza and stick with other items on the menu. The salads were excellent.

This is an attractive restaurant inside. Park in the rear of the building to avoid the parking meters.

• Visited May 2012
San Francisco, California
“Divine Tomato Bruschetta!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

You guys are totally missing something if you DONT order the appetizer called the Tomato Bruschetta --well, it's a beautiful mix of chopped fresh tomatoes, chopped basil, olive oil, atop freshly-baked triangles of bruschetta and an amazing dash of sea salt. This will transport you far! Oh my god is this good! Of course the pizza, served deep dish and just as good as the local Zachary's, is awesome too but who knew the apps would be this fantastic. A must to have, especially when you need to wait for the pizza to be ready.

• Visited May 2012
“Very good service. Must go back.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2012

The food was great and the service was too. If you haven't been here before, you should try it.