“More then we could handle” 3 of 5 bubbles

Louise's Pantry
Ranked #6 of 119 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saskatoon, Canada
“More then we could handle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

The atmosphere was comfortable, the service friendly and the food arrived very quickly, even though the place was full.
Bottomless cup of coffee was strong and full-bodied.
I had double (2) stack of buckwheat pancakes. They were huge - at least 9inches in diameter. Enough for one 20 year old or two people over 45. They were not that tasty, and were doughy in the center. Not recommended. Only ate 1/2. That is all that was on the plate.
Second plate was the special. WOW! It was a plate full. Again enough for at least two people. Half went back to the kitchen.
I wish we had asked how big the plate servings were. Or it would have been great to have a warning from the waitress. Should have had my smart phone to read the reviews before we went in. There was a lot of wasted food and with tip was 25$
One order of either of our plates would have been enough for two people.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Morris, Illinois
“OVERRATED OVERPRICED BRAKFAST”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

First of all I will tell everyone they do not have pecan sticky rolls that I seen in previous reviews. Be prepared for a wait sometimes a long wait . The tables are I am not kidding right on top of each other. The gentleman next to me was coughing and sneezing on my food. The service is lacking because they have too many tables for the kitchen and waiters to handle. I had hash and eggs with potatoes which were all mixed together because they just throw everything on the plate in a hurry very poor presentation. You constantly feel rushed because they have people looking at you because they are waiting on a table. This restaurant is located in a strip mall zero atmosphere. My wife had pancakes and my hash and eggs was over $20. I cannot recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Riverside, California
“Great Food Friendly wait staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

I always come to Louise's Pantry when I'm here in the valley and I have a great experience every time. Love the huge portions and fresh ingredients. Whatever they quote you to wait when they are really busy they always get you in well before what they quote. 2 thumbs up!

Visited February 2014
Nanaimo, Canada
“Why it is so packed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Great food, huge portions. They do breakfast and lunch only, and they do it well. We had eaten in the one in Palm Desert many years ago, and were delighted to find one in LaQuinta. Had breakfast and lunch both. Great both times. Warning: if you go on a Sunday morning, be prepared to wait........a long time. But they serve you mimosas while you're waiting. Wonderful French toast and the turkey supreme sandwich was incredible. Came with very tasty steak fries.

Visited January 2014
Indio, California
“Good food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Everything for breakfast all day long. Good service and fresh creative food choices. Plenty of fresh coffee as well.

Visited January 2014