“WE LOVE DESERT SAGE”

Cross street: Avenida Bermudas
Scottsdale, Arizona
“WE LOVE DESERT SAGE”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

AND, there isn't any restaurant like it, I mean this great within 100 or more miles! Unbelievable. The first night we went for appetizers during happy hour. Not only did they taste yummy, the atmosphere and people there are great. So, we decided to go back on our second trip to the Palm Springs area and this time went for dinner. AN AHHHHH time. The dinners are divine. The wine selection is great. And, the manager guided us to have perfect palette experiences. We all loved the food, wine, OH did I mention desserts? OMG! We will go to this restaurant on every visit.

Rancho Mirage, California
“This Place is just Awful......Avoid it.”
Reviewed May 22, 2010

4 of us had dinner here about 3 weeks ago and were disappointed on every level.....indifferent service, food quality, seating, etc. Advertises itself a an upscale restaurant but has a LONG way to go to get there if ever.

I also mentioned everything in this review to the owner at the restaurant' website but received no response. Not unexpected but disappointing again.

The food is overpriced for what we got. 3 Chilean Sea Bass dinners undercooked although requested medium well. 1 grossly overcooked and dry chicken breast, barely eaten. Indifferent server attitude when pointed out.

Avoid this place unless the above appeals.

3 Thank whaz2924
Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reborn and just outstanding”
Reviewed February 1, 2010

We had dinner at the bar one evening very good menu and warm atmosphere. Then a week later a dinner for 12 upstairs in the private dining room, the evening was exquisite, food was outstanding. We asked that our guest's menus had no prices and Sam did it, great people and we have found our favorite restaurant in the greater Palm Springs area

1 Thank Idahoster
La Quinta
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“excited but then dissapointed”
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Me and a guest arrived at Desert Sage excited from all the hype and talk about the restaurant and we were ready to enjoy, from what everyone had told us, a great dining experience. Upon arriving we were greeted with a warmth and pleasant welcome. We sat at the bar and Ceasar made the perfect martinis for us , so the night was looking to be a perfect dining experience. After being seated at the table, both the server and busboy were very professional and knew exactly what they were doing. Memo, our server explained in detail the nightly specials, that seemed mouth watering as he was describing them. He was very helpful in helping us decide our dinners. He was always smiling and basicly made our night a special one to remember. Our disapointment of the night was the professionalism of both the executive chef and, a person named Jeff, who mentioned to us he was the assistant manager, that really made us think twice about coming back to the restaurant. It seemed both of them enjoyed talking and at times yelling down, at the staff degrading them without caring if we were hearing or not. The only way we would consider this restaurant ever again for dinner is if both of these men were'nt present the night of our dinner. My hats off to Memo and the rest of the staff for their professionalism. Its very dissapointing to see this restaurant with so much talent and with so many potential to be the number 1 restaurant and have these two men completely ruin it for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Thank restauranteater
Los Angeles
“Great combination of classic and innovative cuisine with service that was unfaultering”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

What a lovely evening! We walked through La Quinta Village earlier this afternoon reading each and every menu to select a great restaurant for dinner. We decided Dessert Sage had the most interesting and appealing offers. We were not disappointed! The atmosphere was warm, ecclectic, and sophisticated. The service from the minute we walked in the door (and even before when we were perusing the menu) was welcoming, attentive, and engaging. The servers anticipated our every need or desire....
.......but then there was the food! Oh my......I can truthfully say I relished every bite. My meal consisted of roasted artichokes with a basil, lemon, caper, garlic, aioli, a ceasar salad that contained all the amazing flavors but was brillantly understated, filet mignon served with a reduction sauce that was was so savory that I had to control myself not to use my fingers to subtly lick that plate ( I even ate all my spinach, ma). All that and a martini that reminded me of why a martini is a perfect cocktail for a great meal. I know I am gushing, but as a food lover can't resist sharing a spot that will leave the diner smiling.
After vacationing in the desert cities for past week, this is by far the best meal, the loveliest service and the most enjoyable evening we have had. Cheers Desert Sage!

2 Thank Bluepoodle