“Lively place!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Avenida Bermudas
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Always a good time with Patrick at the piano! Food is consistently great but service was a little slow. Nice selection of wines by the glass too.

There are newer reviews for The Wine Bar Bistro

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Desert sage is one of the better La Quinta eating places but I found it a little less good this month. I am hoping it is early in the desert season (Nov-May) and they will get their act together in the next month. The food was over spiced and over sweet, this was true of both dishes we ordered.The service was good. happy hour prices and menu in the bar are good value. I didn't enjoy the musician or his choices very much. I will try again because it has been great and can be again.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

I ate here in March when the big Tennis Tournament was going on............I had heard very good reviews about this place. We didn't have a reservation.........but they found us a table in the bar area. The food was very good...............just glad that someone else paid for it. Since it is very expensive. Even though the atmosphere and the food were good, eating at a tiny bar table and ordering entrees that were $35.00 and more seems ridiculous.

I would go back but I certainly would want to make reservations first so I could enjoy the food and the dining experience.

I feel they needed a bar menu with less expensive items..... when you are seated at a teeny tiny bar table.

1  Thank barbs4545
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Desert Sage is a special place for us. We were married there on a warm evening five years ago this last May. That said, when one of the owners passed away a year later the restaurant started going through a period of change that saddened us.

Last month we returned for dinner after hearing good reports from friends. It was a busy Friday night due to the world-renowned tennis tournament, the La Quinta Arts Festival and a host of other local events going on. Sam, the General Manager, mentioned to us that they were, in fact, over booked.

New Menu
The first thing we noticed was their new menu. Our party of four sampled a bit of everything including fish; steak, salad and - I must admit - a couple of great desserts. Every dish on this busy night was excellent. Bill’s once a month steak was one of the best he’s ever enjoyed. My Ahi Tuna and our friend’s scallops and salmon dishes were also excellent.

Desert Sage has a wonderful little patio area in the center of the restaurant with doors opening to the inside lounge area where patrons can enjoy the adjacent entertainment. Desert Sage appears to be back in high style and form and I highly recommend ‘The Sage’ for your next fine dining experience. Check out the Happy Hour menu, too.

Reviewed May 26, 2010

AND, there isn't any restaurant like it, I mean this great within 100 or more miles! Unbelievable. The first night we went for appetizers during happy hour. Not only did they taste yummy, the atmosphere and people there are great. So, we decided to go back on our second trip to the Palm Springs area and this time went for dinner. AN AHHHHH time. The dinners are divine. The wine selection is great. And, the manager guided us to have perfect palette experiences. We all loved the food, wine, OH did I mention desserts? OMG! We will go to this restaurant on every visit.