“Good prices and good food” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Okura Robata Grill and Sushi Bar - La Quinta

Okura Robata Grill and Sushi Bar - La Quinta
Reserve with OpenTable
Okura Robata Grill and Sushi Bar - La Quinta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 119 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
London, United Kingdom
“Good prices and good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

I like this place. The happy hour is simple and has good choices. Otherwise, you can order some specialty rolls and some hot dishes from the menu. The sushi is fresh, good, well explained, so you don't get something you didn't want. The place is always a little dark, which gives it a romantic atmosphere. But we go with my 5 year old nephew and he has a good time. He gets extra cherries with his Shirley Temple or extra chips. We love the fire cracker and the albacore sushi. The rolls are always well made and satisfying.

• Visited January 2014

Morris, Illinois
“OVERPRICED POOR SERVICE STRIP MALL RESTAURANT”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I do not understand why there are any good reviews regarding this restaurant. The service and attitude of the staff is not customer friendly. The food here is mass produced it is like a sushi factory. Located in a strip mall with no atmosphere and high prices. They have a secret menu for locals that is an all you can eat menu for $29. AVOID this place. There are 2 good sushi places in the area that are excellent. The VENUE in Palm Desert and SAM'S SUSHI in La Quinta.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
laguna beach
“New Okura Grill in Laguna Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

I can't say enough about this restaurant! It recently opened in Laguna Beach but has been in business in La Quinta CA for quite a while. We loved it -- fabulous sushi and sashimi, lots of great robata (grilled kebabs) for those who like their food .. well ... *cooked*! Great atmosphere, great waitstaff. AND affordable -- we had dinner for 3 with a bottle of wine and some other drinks plus all we could eat and it was under $150.

Our new local favorite!!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank lagunalocal
Los Angeles
“Benihana-ish restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We made reservations at Okura and arrived about 15 minutes early. We were seated promptly at our reservation time and served fairly quickly too even though it was pretty busy inside. They have bar tables which I'm not a fan of. If you want a regular height, I think I saw some in an area tucked behind the hostess area.

I ordered the hangar steak along with a few pieces of nigiri. My husband got the veggie skewers, nigiri and we shared garlic soy edamame. The ambiance and food items were all okay. I can't say that it's the freshest sushi I've had, but it was okay. My favorite dish was actually the edamame. Not sure if I would return though. To be honest, this place reminds me of a PF Changs/Benihana...a chain-like feel with food to match.

As for service issues, we didn't really have any. Our waiter was great and easily accessible. But hostesses were meh...not rude but not exactly friendly. Although they were quite nice to a group of boys. :)

• Visited October 2013
santa barbara
“Fresh & delicious sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We have dined here three times and it is consistently wonderful- both food and service. It's location, being in a strip mall, may make you take a second guess but once you enter you will be pleasantly surprised. We eat sushi a lot in our home town and are picky. This is a very good restaurant and it's on our list of top restaurants for friends who visit La Quinta.

Visited October 2013