“Absolutely outstanding accommodations,value,cleanliness,exceptiponally excellent staff.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Sir; My wife and I just experienced the most enjoyable stay at the Homewood Suites in La Quinta, Ca. We were extremely impress with the staff, hotel location, cleanliness, lovely rooms that are well appointed, the morning breakfast and evening managers reception. Parking was ample with large parking spaces.Anthony at the front desk with whom we made or reservations via phone was very knowledgeable, friendly and very accommodating. What an asset to your facility. Susan Allison, guest services manager was very helpful in getting us a room with a patio with a pool view. Clarice also at the front desk was super efficient & friendly with our registration. Dave in maintenance was a jewel in helping us. He does a wonderful job. Laura explained the blue, half caduceus sign on the elevator door (allows EMT gurney access to the elevator.) All in all our short stay was wonderful and totally without any of the too frequent hassles & delays at the desk. We've already recommended your facility to several of our friends that frequent the Palm Desert area for their and our future stays. Thank you and PLEASE thank each of the named staff. Josephina in housekeeping did an outstanding job in our room #323. ....she's a "10 PLUS!" Sincerely; Dr & Mrs. Karl Kassity

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 24, 2010

A friend and I stayed for just one night for a concert at the Fantasy Springs Resort in Indio, but we're so glad we stayed at the Homewood Suites. It was only about 7 miles away. The room, while not really large, was nicely furnished and big enough for two people. We were treated warmly by the front desk upon check-in and check-out. Breakfast was nice as they served hot & cold dishes. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I love the 2 room suites with seperate living and sleeping areas. Like that there is a full kitchen stocked with dishes. Enjoyed having a patio overlooking the pool area. Like the complimentary breakfast & "welcome home" dinner. Makes my stay with a young child easier.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I had tickets to the BNP Paribas Open, a tennis tournament held at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. Searching online for the closest hotel (to avoid the expensive and crowded parking lots), I found Homewood Suites. I booked a regular room, but they upgraded me to a one bedroom, which was gorgeous. Roomy, with a large separate living room and a full kitchen. Everything was spotless. The hotel was within easy walking distance of the tennis tournament. What really impressed me about Homewood Suites was the full dinner they served the three nights I stayed there (they do not serve dinner on weekends). Great food, friendly service. They also have breakfast. The hotel had a very nice, large pool with a waterfall in the corner. It also has a gym with several exercise machines and two treadmills. There is a large screen TV in the gym.

Even though I brought my laptop, I couldn't seem to connect in the room (they advertise WiFi is free), but instead of bothering with it, I just used their business center, which had two computers and several printers (I printed out the day's tennis schedule for free). I found the rates a bit high ($209 a night in March), but especially with the free meals, I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank SantaAna
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The room was a 1 bedroom and it was very nice. It was great to have a refrigerator and dishwasher in the room. A large group met up in one room for pizza and it did not seem cramped at all. The beds were nice, but the best part was the pool. It was very large. Even though there was several different groups at the pool area it did not seem busy. We loved the pool area. Breakfast in the morning was nice also, and complimentary.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Lanieekat
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We recently spent the weekend at this property and were truly amazed in a good way.

The staff: Every where we went, the staff always had a smile and a "hello", "Good morning", etc.. I can say that the staff was friendlier than we have experienced at some resorts. John, the front desk supervisor, went out of his way to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. We never told him it was our anniversary weekend, but he made it special regardless. Thanks, John.

The room: We had a one bedroom was suite that roomy and, most importantly, clean.

The food: Because we stayed on a weekend, we did not have an opportunity to sample their dinner. I did enjoy their breakfast which, on that morning, consisted of scrambled eggs with diced ham (tasty), red skin potato home fries, and cheese omelets. In addition, they have an assortment of breads and bagels, yogurt, cereals, and juices.
Once again, the entire area is kept clean which is critical for me and my wife. A peek into the kitchen revealed that it was orderly and clean also.

The pool: Larger than most pools at equivalent type properties. Also, it is well maintained with plenty of lounge chairs.

Exterior property: Well groomed with beautiful desert flowers and plants. Again, much nicer than similar properties.

Conclusion: Everything exceeded our expectations and we will be back soon...and that's the best ultimate compliment.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2009

This is not quite a three-star place. Room decór is generic and will not distract your attention.

Pictures on the hotel's web pages are very flattering to the room/suite. But the actual feel and footage of the “suite” is a bit cramped and smaller than the pictures have led you to expect.

Breakfast was so-so. Potato tots (no hash brown) were stale. No waffles. No scrambled egg, no sausages. Only pre-assembled muffin sandwiches. Hot water was only lukewarm. Muffins were mini-sized. Yes, yogurt and fruit, coffee and juices.

Pros: full-sized fridge, microwave and electric stove were nice and handy. AC worked very well! The room was well-maintained and quiet. The pool was clean and inviting. Convenient location, a Trader Joe's and Target nearby.

Problems: there were no clean towels at the pool area at all, plenty of used towels laying on the chaises longues. We notified front desk and 15 minutes later, we were still waiting. We let the front desk know again. And 10 more minutes later, someone finally brought out some towels.

Overall, amenities and services are just fair, not as good as HGI, and a lot shy from Springhill Suites.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Quinta
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!