“Family Visit”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
San Diego County
“Family Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We found the Hotel and room we reserved to be very acceptable and comfortable. The breakfast in the morning, was well attended....and of great quality. The hotel was easy to access, from parking spaces outdoors, and the practice of an elevator to the 3rd floor. The employees in the various departments, seemed very nice and helpful. The front desk, personally and on the phone seemed confident in their manorism and ability. We certainly would return to this hotel, and suggest it to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stayed here for 2nights over the thanksgiving weekend and we were very pleased with our stayed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was very clean and we stocked, coffee was always full and hot. The rooms were a good size and recently updated. However the hallways seem narrow and did have a foul odor, like wet dog smell. Overall we will definitely stay here again when we are in town visiting family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

I made a mistake and booked this Homewood suites location rather than the Palm Desert location. Apparently, the Palm Desert location is dog friendly and the La Quinta location is not. Oops. I booked the room on travelocity because it's easier to see what is available in an area that you are not familiar with and there is a 100% cancelation fee. "No big deal", I thought, maybe they will make an exception. So I called the La Quinta location and asked if they could and the guy on the phone told me he doesn't think it would be a big deal and to call the manager Karen in the morning. So I did... and Wow! What a horrible experience. She spoke to me as if I were one of her employees who was in trouble. She never called me sir or addressed me by my last name. She displayed no empathy when I was explaining my situation and when I was done, there was silence on the other end of the line. I explained that my dog was very small, only 7 and a half pounds and she said "Absolutely not". "Ok..." I said, "What am I suppose to do?" She curtly responded "Just call the people that you booked it through, they have your money, not us." I responded, "But it says no cancelations on my confirmation email." She then begrudgingly told me that if travelocity called the front desk , she would allow the cancelation. After that delightful conversation, I then had to sit on hold with travelocity for 15 minutes to cancel the reservation. I understand that hotels have certain policies and I do not expect them to be broken. However, if the manager would have spoken to me with respect, empathized with my situation and helped offer solutions, I could have walked away with a good impression. Because of this experience, I will stay far away from any Hilton so I am not treated like a child.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
LAQuintaRobyn, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We have discussed your review together. Keren remembers speaking with you and thought the conversation was left on good terms. We work very hard in creating great memories for our guests. I am sorry to see you haven't had the opportunity to stay with us and feel this is the rating our hotel deserves. Unfortunately, due to our guests and allergies, we are not a pet friendly hotel. Happy New Year Tariq! Take care. Sincerely, Robyn
Roseville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

The staff is the most helpful and happy that I have ever seen. One of the maintenance people was working on his day off and when I saw him later on the day and made a comment he said he loves his job that says a great deal about the management staff. We would stay here again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Kirkland, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is the second time we have used this hotel for our buddy golf vacation to the Palm Springs desert. The hotel is very clean, comfortable and free breakfast is very good considering it is not made to order. The location in La Quinta works good for us because it is close to all the courses we play. The staff is extremely friendly. I can not find anything negative to report.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Rimbey, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We found this a very comfortable spot - the one bedroom unit had everything we needed certainly better than a hotel room for similar of less cost and included a good breakfast and suppers 4 nights a week. Staff were exceptionally accommodating - we met lots of guests that were booked in for monthly stays and loving it. Pool was warm and convenient - only complaint was the pool towels were not much better than rags. I'm sure they will replace them soon. Lose sun at the pool in early afternoon as buildings shade it.

Room Tip: We were on 2nd floor and heard nothing from above but thought the pool patio suites looked interesti...