“Doesn't get much better than this.”

Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Redding, California
“Doesn't get much better than this.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed during a tournament with more than fifty players and parents. Was very impressed with the personal service not only for myself but for our group as well. Location was excellent. Staff had a polite "will do" attitude and always seemed eager to exceed expectations. I'd like to meet the person who does the hiring and training. Impressive.

Room Tip: Buildings are difficult to navigate between so pick a room next to the amenities you are looking for...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here between Christmas and New Year in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite. We were with my son and his wife. It is a great room to share with another couple. Beds were comfortable and the layout was nice. The bathroom was ok. Nice closet space. We had a ground floor room with a patio outside which was also nice. Our only complaint was the breakfast area. It was very crowded every morning and twice there were no tables available and we had to take food back to our room. We would stay here again but they need to enlarge the breakfast area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carol M
California
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I spent two nights at this well located hotel. It's just one block from Hwy 111 and close to lots of restaurants and services. The staff is friendly and the rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed 3 nights and had a wonderful stay. Check-in was quick and efficient. The suite was warm and inviting. And quiet. My daughter lives nearby and recommended this location. I was very impressed by the cleanliness of the entire complex. Everyone was friendly, helpful, courteous and cheerful. The breakfasts were really good. I never had the opportunity to enjoy the evening reception. The only problem I had was trying to find the place - but that was my GPS going crazy! I will definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I did notice the ice machine on the 4th floor at the end of the corridor was a bit noisy so I'd...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tijuana, Mexico
Reviewed January 3, 2013

its dificcult to express that the only problem was the maid service , because almost all the workers in this area were hispanic people and i am an hispanic from tijuana mexico, i stayed with my family 4 nights from 29-2 dic 2012 - january 2013 , 3 rooms, and the only problem was the maid service, they do not do the rooms at the quality and time we expected, the other things we expect where 100% fine . the food was great, the supervisors were great, the room was fine. i will return.

Room Tip: when you travel and need more than one room you ask for rooms in the same floor or side by side th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Lake Forest, California
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Rooms are clean and comfortable, and having a kitchen area with additional seating is also nice. Even if you aren't planning on cooking yourself, having a full-sized fridge is much more convenient than a mini-fridge for storing beverages, leftovers, etc. The bathroom is also roomy, with a big walk-in shower. The in-room wireless has good coverage and speed -- we were able to watch Netflix on a tablet with no problems.

The variety of hot foods for breakfast isn't great, but I'd take a simple hot breakfast over a cold continental breakfast any day. The dining area was also crowded during breakfast -- we had trouble finding seating on one day -- but this was probably because we were visiting during a busy time. The staff serving the dining area did an excellent job in clearing the plates and bussing the tables, even on a busy day.

Like many other reviewers have said, we were impressed with the value we got from our stay, compared to the price of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed December 26, 2012

While I'm more a fan of higher-end hotels, I wanted a reasonably priced place to stay one night in the La Quinta area to visit family, and I saw the other great reviews on here, so I gave it a shot. My fiance and I were very impressed with what a great job this place does for the money.

Fastest check-in I ever had, and our room was super with a little full kitchen and dining table, and a good size shower and sink area, and a surprisingly great bed with extra pillows. Little touches were appreciated, like a small trash bin in the water closet. If I had to nitpick anything I'd just say they chose ugly decor for the rooms themselves, but it does the job.

The one unfortunate blemish on our stay was that our trash under the kitchen sink had not been emptied from the previous guest. I think the staff was rushing a bit to accommodate all the Christmas traffic.

The free a.m. breakfast was pretty good - especially for being free - and I understand there is a modest free dinner offered every evening as well. We took at look at the pool area and were surprised it was quite nice. Also liked the entrances around the building so you could park close to your room if needed.

I also appreciated the little market at the front desk to grab a quick soda or snack.

As we plan to come back with children next year we can see definitely returning to this hotel for the huge value, the good pool and breakfast, handy location, and good sized rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert
The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!