“Clean and Comfortable”

Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at the Homewood Suites for 2 nights to be near friends who were staying nearby in an upscale mobile coach park. We did not spend much of our time there, but the bed was comfortable and the personnel were very nice. We had the breakfast one morning (included) which was quite nice. Since we stayed in the winter, we did not spend time at the pool.
We would stay at the Homewood Suites again if we were near La Quinta.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Cannot go wrong with this property. Excellent hospitality, well stocked complimentary breakfast buffet 7 days a week, clean rooms and property. Large pool and outside patio off main lobby. Room layouts extremely efficient and quality furniture. would recommend hotel take a closer look at their landscaper as Palms and ground foilage do need attention as starting to die. City didn't do any favors on ingress and egress as cannot turn left into or out of property and have to go an extra block or two to turn around but in no way a reflection on the resort. All in all, cannot beat the "value" and hospitality of this resort.

Room Tip: Let staff know of your preference with your reservation as my experience in two separate visits is t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Homewood Suites are a favourite (english spelling!!) of mine. We were upgraded to a Boardroom Suite through my Hilton Gold Card. We had a lovely apartment with all the amenities we needed - including a balcony. However, the best was the breakfast followed by the evening "light" meal and drinks each night. Michelob on tap and reasonable quality wine.To be honest we did not have to eat again in the evening. My major plus is to the service. I wish I had obtained the name of the women who was there most days, small, dark haired and in her late 50s = (she said she was 60!) but she was amazing. Nothing was too much for her. I have stayed in many an American hotel before where the service was appalling but yet the staff asked for tips despite doing little at all to justify tips. At Homewood La Quinta the staff came across as wanting to help you but no expectations of a gratuity - which was given willingly!!!. They are the best I have encountered in all the times I have visited the USA.

Room Tip: The staff are brilliant.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My son and I spent 5 nights in La Quinta, and by day 3 I was plotting how I could possibly move in for the winter. The reception staff could not have been nicer. Since we were staying for 5 nights, we were allowed to look at 3 different rooms so that we could choose our favourite. We had a lovely king-bed with sofabed suite with full kitchen including dishwasher, full frig., stovetop, pans, dishes, cutlery. The room was spotless, down to the inside of the frig. Two large windows overlooking the sunny pool made for a bright room. Despite temperatures of 106+, the AC was fine.

The washroom set-up was perfect, with a large sink, counter, mirror and closet area outside of the spacious toilet and shower room. Flat screen TV, large desk, kitchen table, alarm clocks--this place has it all.

In addition to an excellent breakfast, the hotel had a free dinner from Monday to Thursday nights! Complimentary wine and beer were included. (Can you see why my thoughts turned to moving in??) The dinners were good-always a large green salad, beef bourgignon, or chicken tenders, really good pasta, can't remember what else, but it was great to return home after a day in the desert to a prepared meal and free drinks. A small tuck shop by the reception has everything you could need, including pasta and sauce and other groceries.

Small but efficient gym with scales, free weights, exercycle and a couple of treadmills.

But the piece de resistance was the fabulous pool area. Lush, green, flowered grounds, plenty of loungers and umbrellas, 3 barbecues, a large clean hot tub and large warm pool.

While we stayed here we spent a day in Joshua Tree National Park, went to Palm Springs and up the Aerial Tramway, drove up the Pines to Palms Highway through Idywild, toured the Palm Springs Air Museum and still had plenty of time to sun by the pool. If I thought I could have stayed, I'd keep this place my secret!!!

Room Tip: Top floor (3rd) overlooking pool are sunny and quiet. Check location of elevators before taking a ro...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Cstomer Service was awesome and the staff were so friendly. Our experience was wonderful from check in to check out. The rooms were spacious and well appointed. They also include a light dinner and breakfast. They were both very good. The pool was very nice the kids enjoyed it very much. The location was very central to shopping and dining. We had a great time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here one night. It is a Homewood Suites nothing fancy but a solid choice. Manager’s reception in the evening and free breakfast and wifi. I would stay here again. There is an Applebee’s located next door, which is nice.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sail2fun
Reviewed August 20, 2012

While in Palm Desert for a conference, I stayed at the Homewood Suites, La Quinta. The hotel was clean, well-maintained and very comfortable.

The hot breakfast was great in the morning. I, unfortunately, was not able to attend the manager's reception while there due to the conference activities.

I have found during my travels that the room temperature seems to get warmer as the night goes on. It could be there is a main override that occurs at a certain time of the night. But this wasn't the case here. My room stayed nice and cold the entire time which helped beat the 113 degree heat outside.

Room Tip: I had a room on the north side of the hotel on the first floor overlooking the pool. There was even...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Quinta
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!