“My long weekend get-away!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Los Angeles, California
“My long weekend get-away!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Homewood Suites La Quinta's staff makes you feel so much at home! Everyone is so accommodating and friendly. From the staff at the desk (Susan, John, Liz), to the lovely ladies at the breakfast lounge (Nettie), you don't feel like you're in a hotel at all, rather it's like you are at someone's home with warm and friendly people around! This is not the first time we've been to this hotel. Each year for the past 3 years now, during the Memorial holiday weekend, we stay here and each year it gets better and better. Thank you so much!

Room Tip: 3rd level, not too far away from the elevator, but not too close either
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JaypeeAdrid

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

My husband and I went out there for a wedding and stayed at the hotel (with multiple other guests from the wedding staying at the hotel as well) The group of us probably booked around 15 rooms for a 4-5 day stay.
I paid for the whole trip online before we arrived as we received a better rate. They asked for a credit card to have on file for damages and such, then we checked out and I gave them my receipt to show that we had paid for the hotel 1 month before we went.
Returned back home to Canada to see that they charged us again for our stay. I called (long distance) as they do not have a 1-800 number four times to get credited for the additional charge. When I finally received the credit, the exchange rates were different so even though they credited my credit card, with the exchange rates I ended up having to pay an additional $93.00. I called the Manager and spoke to him 10 times (of course all long distance again) each time he insisted that he would pay me back and mail me a cheque. It NEVER did happen... I called and called and finally decided that I wasn't going to get my cheque from them for their screw up and it was costing me money and time to continue calling them so I left it at that, and will NEVER go back. Such a gong show.... not only that, but our hotel room cards would constantly not work and we had to constantly go to the front desk to get a new card. Very annoying! Will never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lei001
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

My wife and I spent two nights here and found the property to be quiet and clean. For families it would be wonderful because they have free breakfast every day and free dinners in the evening on Monday through Thursday. The pool was nice and well used and while it's not one of the mega resorts I think it offers a nice spot for the children to frolic. Both the small living room and bedroom had nice sized flat screen t.v.s and the room had cooking facilities and an full sized refridgerator.

Room Tip: some of the street facing rooms may pick up road noise from Washington Ave.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

Actually I would've gone with 2 stars but the staff is great. How is it possible to have a hotel in the middle of prime area with great views resemble the hood? The pool area is confined like a prison, and there are never enough seating, but always lots of children in the pool. The mattresses are lumpy. I've stayed here twice and same experiences both times. The staff is nice and clean with what they have. This hotel does great because of its location, but consider staying at condos or timeshares for a better experience.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank athrappas
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

Quiet and beautiful grounds. Nice, clean spacious room, will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ADCM13
seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

La Quinta, Homewood Suites:

Check-in: Fast and friendly service at check-in but some confusion on smoking preferences and the room that was read was a smoking one. I asked for a possible upgrade if I came back after golf and was told this would be fine. Preferences were considered and received a room on the top floor but next to the elevator.

Room: Nice - # 315. First time at a Homewood Suites so not sure what to expect. Big balcony that had a table and chairs with 2 loungers. Pool view. It is bit noisy given the pool area and walls a bit thin. Sitting area with work desk that is separate from the sleeping area. Clean and in good condition. Full kitchen. If you can get a top floor room it is very nice in the evening to relax and have a drink on the 300 sq ft balcony. More of a family place so expect a lot of kids.

Breakfast: Didn’t have the breakfast. Evening meal was Hampton-like and free beer and wine (low end).

Location: Along the main road going into La Quinta. Lots of shopping and food nearby.

Rating: 7/10 (first stay at Homewood).

Room Tip: Top floor with balcony is the way to go.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank drtravels
Perrysburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Our family visited the Homewood Suites in La Quinta for a week: 5 adults and 3 young children. I simply cannot how absolutely wonderful these people and their manager are; not only were the meals yummy, the service exceptional and the staff friendly, but also you feel like they really care about you and your family's stay with them. It was the greatest place I have ever stayed, and we stay all over the country. Reasonably priced, clean and exceptionally accommodating, you can't get a prettier, homier vacation spot than this. The ONLY bad thing about staying here is that when you go to your next place, you might have the audacity to think they should treat you this royally too. Big mistake.

Room Tip: The rooms with porches looked wonderful. Wish I'd had that one!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert
The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!