“Excellent Vacation”

Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Reviewed April 23, 2011

We just returned from another fabulous trip to the Homewood Suites in La Quinta. Our room was big and clean thanks to an excellent job by Rosemary. The staff is so friendly--from the front desk -Anthony, John, Susan, and Cloris, The food was yummy and Nettie in the food service was always checking if we needed anything. Laura in sales is always so warm and friendly and checking all our needs, too. We always look forward to our mini vacations at this lovely resort as we feel like a part of ther family there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 15, 2011

I traveled to Palm Springs to attend a conference and brought my family along. I've stayed at the Homewood Suites in Carlsbad which was also great, so we decided to book at this hotel. We were not disappointed. The hotel itself looks fairly new and very clean. The pool was also really nice. Even though the weather was chilly, my kids used the pool every day since it was heated and well maintained. The breakfast is also fairly decent although I missed the make your own waffles in Carlsbad. I've stayed at the Westin resort in Rancho Mirage and compared to that, we enjoyed our stay here much better. Why stay at a resort where you have to pay for parking, internet, breakfast, etc when homewood has everything except the spa?

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We stayed here on vacation recently and it was a great hotel.
Staff are very courteous and helpful, room was clean and quiet and as an added bonus a very good breakfast is included. The managers reception from Monday to Thursday nights is great - in essence a good meal with beer or wine - a great value.
A special thanks to Nettie from the kitchen staff who made sure that the guests really did feel at home.

Overall a very nice time - We would definitely recommend Homewood Suites, La Quinta

Room Tip: For a VERY quiet room- upper floor, away from pool
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I felt comfortable my entire stay. Old style TV's, no wireless internet in rooms, Wired ONLY. Wireless in "Common Areas". Breakfast and a simple dinner with a salad bar. Great value for the money!

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Staying and the Hilton La Quinta with friends was great, I wish we could have stayed longer. I must say the breakfasts were an added feature. Having Nettie on staff in the lobby was an added bonus. She was so friendly and we appreciated her so much.
We had a problem with the air conditioner one night was not what we expected. The girl in the check in/out gave us another room while they fixed the problem. I thanked her, but was not expecting her response. In a case as ours, she said we were lucky there was a
room for us. What would she have done if there wasn't? (Kicked us out?) I'm glad this hotel was non-smoking and very quiet. It was nice to relax and enjoy everything.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Every year my wife and I spend three nights in the La Quinta area to visit her parents (who visit and stay at the same place), so I have pretty much seen them all. As a Hilton Honors veteran, it is odd that I have never stayed at a Homewood Suites. I chose an upgraded room, which may have been a mistake.

Starting with the good stuff: this particular room had a huge private deck, with morning sun; a separate bedroom and living room, sort of like a scrunched Embassy Suites, and a mini kitchen. Good stuff about this newish hotel: reasonable price; nice pool and poolside area; nice breakfast and breakfast area (as others have said, the waitress Nettie is very sweet, some people just seem to be working where they are supposed to be); college-dorm-like "one entree" dinner with salad if you are too tired to go out (lots of families with young kids go for it); very nice staff (I asked for help storing bikes for pickup and they were quite nice); good location; most important of all for me, blissfully quiet after 10 pm (I never heard anyone running down the hall, etc.). The quiet was a big selling point for me: quite amazing because there were lots of spring break families around, plus the usual desert "oldsters."

The bad points: in our particular room setup, the air conditioning/heating was set to blow right to the couch, so one would really get cold even on a warm evening. This was really irritating: I wore a jacket watching tv. Also totally irritating, but maybe unique to our room (my wife's parent's room didn't have it) was that there seemed to be an intentionally set "shower spray" faucet in the bathroom sink! Try shaving with that, or even washing your hands without getting water everywhere. We brushed our teeth and washed in the kitchen sink. A really minor point: called and asked for a new box of kleenex, never was brought (got one when I saw the housekeeper).

I am sort of obsessively hooked on Hiltons, I think it's the free oatmeal at breakfast. I think I lean a bit towards Hilton Garden Inns or Embassy Suites, but this was, all in all, a nice experience. Given that the pool area is much nicer here than La Quinta's Embassy Suites, I'd give this place a try.

Room Tip: several sizes and configurations, ask!
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night while on a short golf trip to Palm Springs. I reserved over a month ahead for a king room. But on entering our room it had 2 beds and was for handicapped. So, I went to complanin at the front desk. I was told that was all they had left but David said he would give us $50 off if we could live with it for the one night. I agreed because with the money off it was worth it. Hot tub was nice. Breakfast Sunday morning was very busy but the food was restocked so it wasn't bad. I also didn't like the air conditioner powering on and off all night. I'm a light sleeper, especially away from home and that was annoying. All in all not a horrible place to stay and might stay again depending on the circumstances

Also consider these accommodations in or near La Quinta
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!