“Nice Stay, Great Value!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Elgin, Illinois, USA
“Nice Stay, Great Value!”
Reviewed April 10, 2011

I felt comfortable my entire stay. Old style TV's, no wireless internet in rooms, Wired ONLY. Wireless in "Common Areas". Breakfast and a simple dinner with a salad bar. Great value for the money!

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2011

Staying and the Hilton La Quinta with friends was great, I wish we could have stayed longer. I must say the breakfasts were an added feature. Having Nettie on staff in the lobby was an added bonus. She was so friendly and we appreciated her so much.
We had a problem with the air conditioner one night was not what we expected. The girl in the check in/out gave us another room while they fixed the problem. I thanked her, but was not expecting her response. In a case as ours, she said we were lucky there was a
room for us. What would she have done if there wasn't? (Kicked us out?) I'm glad this hotel was non-smoking and very quiet. It was nice to relax and enjoy everything.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Richmond, California
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Every year my wife and I spend three nights in the La Quinta area to visit her parents (who visit and stay at the same place), so I have pretty much seen them all. As a Hilton Honors veteran, it is odd that I have never stayed at a Homewood Suites. I chose an upgraded room, which may have been a mistake.

Starting with the good stuff: this particular room had a huge private deck, with morning sun; a separate bedroom and living room, sort of like a scrunched Embassy Suites, and a mini kitchen. Good stuff about this newish hotel: reasonable price; nice pool and poolside area; nice breakfast and breakfast area (as others have said, the waitress Nettie is very sweet, some people just seem to be working where they are supposed to be); college-dorm-like "one entree" dinner with salad if you are too tired to go out (lots of families with young kids go for it); very nice staff (I asked for help storing bikes for pickup and they were quite nice); good location; most important of all for me, blissfully quiet after 10 pm (I never heard anyone running down the hall, etc.). The quiet was a big selling point for me: quite amazing because there were lots of spring break families around, plus the usual desert "oldsters."

The bad points: in our particular room setup, the air conditioning/heating was set to blow right to the couch, so one would really get cold even on a warm evening. This was really irritating: I wore a jacket watching tv. Also totally irritating, but maybe unique to our room (my wife's parent's room didn't have it) was that there seemed to be an intentionally set "shower spray" faucet in the bathroom sink! Try shaving with that, or even washing your hands without getting water everywhere. We brushed our teeth and washed in the kitchen sink. A really minor point: called and asked for a new box of kleenex, never was brought (got one when I saw the housekeeper).

I am sort of obsessively hooked on Hiltons, I think it's the free oatmeal at breakfast. I think I lean a bit towards Hilton Garden Inns or Embassy Suites, but this was, all in all, a nice experience. Given that the pool area is much nicer here than La Quinta's Embassy Suites, I'd give this place a try.

Room Tip: several sizes and configurations, ask!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed here one night while on a short golf trip to Palm Springs. I reserved over a month ahead for a king room. But on entering our room it had 2 beds and was for handicapped. So, I went to complanin at the front desk. I was told that was all they had left but David said he would give us $50 off if we could live with it for the one night. I agreed because with the money off it was worth it. Hot tub was nice. Breakfast Sunday morning was very busy but the food was restocked so it wasn't bad. I also didn't like the air conditioner powering on and off all night. I'm a light sleeper, especially away from home and that was annoying. All in all not a horrible place to stay and might stay again depending on the circumstances

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The Hotel itself is better than adequate, in fact kind of nice. The entire front desk, and especially management was absolutely horrible.
I made reservations with my brother and family during the Indian Wells tennis tournaments. I ordered for myself only one room with two queen beds 3+ months early. I had e-mail confirmation available. The Hotel oversold this type of room, and without my consent changed my reservations to two separate rooms. I found this out the afternoon I arrived there, and the Hotel proceeded to try their very best to put the screws to me, even after they realized it was their fault (something that was very hard for them to admit).
I spent the afternoon at the tennis tournament dealing with this, that evening at the front desk trying to work this out, then the next morning including a call from the Hotel to the Hilton Corporate offices. Now several weeks after the fact, I'm still being charged double in spite of their promise to correct the problem, and am awaiting a call back from the regional manager (a number I was referred to after calling "cooperate" yet again).
I just today made another reservation at another Hilton Hotel in Orange county and am trying to decide if I want to cancel this reservation (though I think the problem is the amazingly aggressive management at the La Quinta site). Good luck if you chose to stay there!!!!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DrJR17
Homewoodlaquinta, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta, responded to this review, March 28, 2011
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I appreciate your courtesy extended to me when we were able to speak and try to make this right.
Thank you!
Chilliwack, Canada
Reviewed March 9, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here and felt we got good value for our money. Breakfasts very good and found the servers, especially Nettie very nice. Would of enjoyed a little dessert item at dinner time. One of the desk clerks, a gal, could of been a little more helpful and friendlier. A negative also would be the hair we found on our sheets and in the bathtub. Not good... Traffic noise also was an issue as we were on the road side but can live with that as well. As I said on the whole we were satisfied with our stay and would come again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Nantwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Stayed for 5 nights in a room with all the facilities we needed. Very comfy bed and no noise from traffic etc.
The breakfast was well, prepared and the evening managers reception Monday through Thursday was great.
We cannot praise the staff enough. Extremely helpful and courteous. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Quinta
Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton Palm Desert
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!