“My worst experience with hotel management in 50 years”

Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The Hotel itself is better than adequate, in fact kind of nice. The entire front desk, and especially management was absolutely horrible.
I made reservations with my brother and family during the Indian Wells tennis tournaments. I ordered for myself only one room with two queen beds 3+ months early. I had e-mail confirmation available. The Hotel oversold this type of room, and without my consent changed my reservations to two separate rooms. I found this out the afternoon I arrived there, and the Hotel proceeded to try their very best to put the screws to me, even after they realized it was their fault (something that was very hard for them to admit).
I spent the afternoon at the tennis tournament dealing with this, that evening at the front desk trying to work this out, then the next morning including a call from the Hotel to the Hilton Corporate offices. Now several weeks after the fact, I'm still being charged double in spite of their promise to correct the problem, and am awaiting a call back from the regional manager (a number I was referred to after calling "cooperate" yet again).
I just today made another reservation at another Hilton Hotel in Orange county and am trying to decide if I want to cancel this reservation (though I think the problem is the amazingly aggressive management at the La Quinta site). Good luck if you chose to stay there!!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank DrJR17
Homewoodlaquinta, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback and I appreciate your courtesy extended to me when we were able to speak and try to make this right.
Thank you!

Reviewed March 9, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here and felt we got good value for our money. Breakfasts very good and found the servers, especially Nettie very nice. Would of enjoyed a little dessert item at dinner time. One of the desk clerks, a gal, could of been a little more helpful and friendlier. A negative also would be the hair we found on our sheets and in the bathtub. Not good... Traffic noise also was an issue as we were on the road side but can live with that as well. As I said on the whole we were satisfied with our stay and would come again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Stayed for 5 nights in a room with all the facilities we needed. Very comfy bed and no noise from traffic etc.
The breakfast was well, prepared and the evening managers reception Monday through Thursday was great.
We cannot praise the staff enough. Extremely helpful and courteous. They went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable.

Reviewed February 22, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Homewood Suites. The complimentary breakfast was very well done. We had very obliging staff looking after our every need - one person in particular named Nettie! We took advantage of the hospitality in the evening only once because we were busy with our friends who were staying in a condo down the street. If we had been holidaying on our own the refreshments at 5:00 would have been very welcomed - next time!! The pool in the morning sun was such a treat - well maintained, yet never busy that time of the day. We will be back for sure!

1  Thank debbiejordac2
Reviewed February 21, 2011

Overall our stay was great. The complimentary breakfast and light dinner was a nice convenience. All the staff we interacted with were all very friendly, especially Nettie in the dining area! I felt that the housekeeping practices could be improved on. Our room - while neat and tidy, could have been cleaned better. Our bathroom sink had not been scrubbed or our shower floor (there was a hair in the shower). Our sheets were clean, but the pillows definitely could have been laundered after being used by so many guests , there was a slight odor on the pillows. We had a non smoking room, but there was a faint smell of cigarettes when we checked into the room. With an improvement in the housekeeping department, I would have given this hotel 5 stars.

1  Thank RnM_11
Homewoodlaquinta, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2011

I apologize that there were issues with the room cleanliness during your recent stay. I believe we have resolved the issues you experienced and I regret that this negatively affected your visit. The feedback from our guests is important to our success and I appreciate that you took the time to mention this to us. I also appreciate your very kind comments regarding our staff and our great potential. If possible, please contact me at the hotel so that I may be of further assistance.

Reviewed February 16, 2011

We enjoyed our stay. The LaQuinta Suites has a wonderful staff. Every staff member that we dealt with were very helpful and pleasant. It made our stay very enjoyable.

1  Thank laquintahapppy
Reviewed February 15, 2011

The hotel is in a convenient location and we liked that it was close to everything. Although it is situated on a busy highway we could not hear the traffic at all. It has a heated swimming pool and that was nice. Providing breakfast was a great perk. It has everything you need ....a kitchen, living room and bedroom. The kitchen has everything you would need. It is a good value for the money. The only drawback was that we couldn't access the exercise room because our key would not open the door even after the keys were recalibrated.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta? Share your experiences!