Tripadvisor

“Just fine”

Mariachi Mexican Cuisine
Ranked #40 of 134 Restaurants in La Quinta
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a pleasant, clean, convenient Mexican restaurant in a strip mall. That description could apply to a lot of places but this one has pretty good food and service, too. We were seated right away and the chips and salsa arrived immediately. I had the Enchiladas Texanas, shredded beef tamales with a robust red sauce on top, with rice and beans, of course. My wife had the carne asada topped with sliced poblano chiles. Her steak was thicker and more tender that we usually find. We were quite satisfied, though folks looking for the authentic character of Mexico may have to give this place some years to age.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (36)

Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I are from the Midwest and were looking for a good place for lunch. Mariachi exceeded our expectations! My wife had the taco platter and I had the tostada plate...both entrees were excellent and the beans & rice were about the best I have ever enjoyed! We definitely will be back on our next trip to CA!

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed September 5, 2019

I like this casual Mexican Restaurant tucked in a strip mall best for its reasonable happy hour bar prices where I paid only .99 cents for the second drink. As you enter veer to the left and there sits the bar amongst a few pub height tables. This area has limited seating but intimate and a bit quieter enabling one to carry on a conversation away from other dining patrons. You can eat in the bar and I had the fish tacos. Although the portion was a bit smaller then my liking I found the fish to be tender and very favorable. The taco chips were pretty much standard fare served with piquant salsa that was well within my tolerance for medium spiciness. I think there is pretty much everything on the menu to satisfy one's palate for Mexican food and pricing is in accordance with other like restaurants. The server I had could not have been more attentive and courteous. To me, cleanliness affects the ambiance and this restaurant appears to be very clean including the entry door glass, floors, tables, seats, etc. My average rating is based only on the one dish I have ever had and as I said it was good. I go primarily for the happy hour's drink prices but, do not let that discourage anyone from trying this restaurant. It’s worth a try.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed May 31, 2019

Waitress was really nice, but was so slow and we didn't receive many of the things we asked for - we did have a large group of 16, but we called ahead for reservations. Food and margs were average. Would likely not return.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed May 9, 2019

This was some of the best Mexican food that I have had in years. I ordered the lunch special of three enchiladas, and the texture and the taste of the food was an easy five stars. My wife loved her pork lunch special. The service was very good, and the prices were very reasonable. We will certainly return int eh near future.

Date of visit: May 2019