“Very nice hotel, as expected with an Embassy suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We chose this hotel because we thought it would be close to the polo fields, but it was a little farther away than we expected it to be. So the second night we stayed closer to the polo fields, and we regretted that decision. You can read my review for the hotel we stayed in that was closer, but not anywhere near as nice.

We will definitely stay here again when we go back in the next few weeks. This hotel has the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on. The room is new and modern, yet classy and well kept. The only odd thing was the bathroom is in the middle of the room, to separate the bed area from the front sitting area. But the bathroom is roomy, and has plenty of counter space. Just be careful if you open the door - you will definitely take someone out if they are walking there! There is a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker in the room. There are two TV's, one in the bed area, and one in the sitting area.

The grounds were nice and well kept, and I did go out and look at the pool area. It was decent, not a huge pool, and it was heated. They have a fitness room with new equipment and its own on site spa, if that is your thing. I didn't check that part out, so I have no idea how that is.

Check in was wonderful, the desk person was very friendly and accommodating. There is a beer/wine snack food reception in the late afternoon, and the room comes with breakfast. The breakfast is above average - there was an omelette station, as well as cereals, oatmeal, pancakes, juices, coffee, toast, fruit and yogurt. Not a continental breakfast by any means. The atrium is a nice place to sit and have breakfast, and the atrium bar has a good selection of alcohol.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 6, 2009

We stayed for three nights over New Year’s.

Quality of the premises: Overall we were very pleased with the quality of the rooms. They were new and clean. We liked the fact that there was a king size bed in a separate sleeping area and two TVs. We had a nice view of the mountains from our window. Unfortunately we did not have a balcony. We were assigned a fourth floor room in the hotel and only a few of the hotel rooms have balconies. There are also villas on the property. There are apparently five swimming pools, although in reality you only have access to swimming pool assigned to your accommodation. The pool was heated, making it comfortable for an evening swim.

Noise: My biggest complaint with the hotel was the thin walls. Our neighbours on one side of us were extremely noisy. In the evening we could hear them cheering on their favourite sports team. We were woken each morning by their early alarm clock at 4:45 a.m. following which we could hear their entire conversation right down to their coughing. I cannot imagine why a new property would be constructed with such poor sound proofing between the rooms. This made our stay less restful than it should have been.

Other services: Wireless internet was available in the rooms for a charge. There was also a complimentary business centre on the main level. Newspapers were completely unavailable on the property. We walked to a nearby convenience store each morning to buy a paper. It was nice that the room rate included a hot buffet breakfast (with a customised omelette).

Location: This was my first trip to Palm Springs. At first I was a bit disappointed with the fact that the hotel is located about 45 minutes from downtown Palm Springs. However, after a few nights in the area, I really came to appreciate our hotel’s location in La Quinta. There is almost no reason to head to downtown Palm Springs, so after you have walked the main street for 20 minutes, there is no need to return. The valley is essentially a cluster of gated communities interspersed with strip malls or box stores. The location of the hotel in La Quinta was a good choice. There are many golf courses close by – although with over 100 courses in the valley to choose from, this statement probably applies to most vacation properties. The hotel is across the street from a few restaurants. It is also located very close to some cycling and walking trails. We rented bikes from the hotel. In our one hour we barely scratched the surface of the available trail system. One of the best features about this hotel’s location is that it is not on a busy street unlike many of the properties in the valley.

We really enjoyed the Palm Springs area and will return. If it wasn’t for the thin walls, we would definitely return to this hotel. As it stands, we would consider staying at this property again but it would depend on what other deals were available elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2008

My family and I stayed here one night while passing through La Quinta, CA. The hotel was very nice. Front desk staff was pleasant and accomodating. Room was very clean and well presented. The beds were comfortable. The in room air conditioner was a little on the noisy side but bearable. The cooked to order breakfast and the buffet were fantastic. The pool was on the small side and located on the side of the hotel, not impressive. But for the one night I stayed there I would definitely stay again. The hotel has a lovely center atrium were breakfast is served. It was really a beautiful hotel and I would go back.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2008

Tosed a coin between this hotel and the other embassy Suites nearby. This one was a much better all round experince. Checked early no problem. had a pllol facing room with patio. Asked if a larger room was available. A deputy manager showed me the alternatives but decided to stay with original room. Quietly located so had a good nights sleep.

Typical Embassy breakfast and with some healty options unlike the one at LAX North.

Excellent location with the mountains as a backdrop. Opposite hotel a nice up- market shopping and business area. Next door a cantina and circleK.

Nice quiet area inside hotel called a library. Very ggod decor throughout.

Managers reception was excellent with a proper bar that you could sit or stand beside. Excellent bar staff.

Good business centre and fitness room.

I would be back in a shot.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jonnoDevon
Reviewed October 11, 2008

I stayed here for two nights and all was good. The staff were friendly and helpful and check in was easy. My room was on the top floor which I had requested and it was clean and comfortable. I was by myself the first night but a friend and her daughter and granddaughter joined me on the second night and we still did not feel at all crowded. The pool area was nice and kept very clean. Could have used some additional umbrellas though as it was very hot. There were also plenty of pool towels available. The breakfast was good; not as many choices as at other Embassy's I've stayed in but perfectly adequate. The only minor complaint was that they kept running out of coffee and cream. The manager's reception and the internet room were pluses as well. There were several restaurants across the road but not much else in the immediate area. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 13, 2008

If visting the Palm Springs or Palm Desert area, this hotel is a bit out of the way, but worth it with the mountain views, Very nice rooms and extremely comfortables beds. The cook to order breakfast is the standard Embassy Suites fare, but sure beats the continentals that most hotels offer.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 1, 2008

My wife and I really enjoyed our first (and certainly not last!) stay at La Quinta Embassy Suites. The property is nearly new, has the tried-and-true atrium-centered building, free cooked-to-order breakfast, manager's reception, etc. A nice bonus to us was that they also have a west wing overlooking the pool that's outside the standard ES rectangle, with more squarish-shaped rooms instead of the narrow deep type with the sitting room entered from the atrium balcony and the bedroom in the back of the room. These square shaped rooms instead had a normal hotel hall with the sitting/dining on the entry side of the suite and the bedroom and bath next to the sitting area. This allowed for more light with a big window in the bedroom and a nice shaded balcony with slider overlooking the pool off of the sitting area.

Hotel front desk service was exemplary... great attitude and she found us just the right room. The breakfast was hot and tasty, the manager's reception fun and two hours long. Across the street is Old Town La Quinta with a Hog's Breath (finer dining) and Stuft Pizza (what we chose, very good). There's also a pricey place right next door (Sand Bar) and I was recommended an Italian restaurant next to Ralph's market within walking distance.

Keep in mind that La Quinta's a little out of the way from the I-10 (maybe 10-15 minutes drive) and a good 30 minutes to the main strip in Palm Springs. Don't forget that Rancho Mirage's The River and Palm Desert's El Paseo are only 10-15 minutes away as well.

All in all, a nearly perfect stay. The pool/jacuzzi was just right... not too noisy, yet still some nice fellow travelers hanging around enjoying the 110F+ temps with us. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!