Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Escondido, California
“Solid”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Typical of Embassy Suites, everything was very clean and seemingly well managed by the conversations I had with a variety of staff. Location is 100 yards from "downtown" La Quinta, and a few miles from the 111

Two things that can be improved. The back entrance, or wing entrance has nothing identifying as such. We were told it might be easier to access our room via the doorway which was described as being behind the brick wall. It took far to long to find it, so we entered via the pool entrance and subsequently followed the hallway to this mysterious door.
The other is the food at the managers reception. It was probably the meagerest showing of all of the Embassy Suites I've been to. Adding something warm to the mix would greatly improve this set up (even nachos like LAX)
Noteworthy, the pours by the staff during the free happy hour were prompt and without hesitation.

Breakfast was an outstanding all you can eat highlight. I always ask for "three whole eggs, scrambled very soft." This was achieved to perfection. The gal cooking the omelette and my eggs was outstanding. The staff picking up after the guests were very cheery and were genuinely happy to be there. The latina food and beverage manger was very approachable as well. I made sure she knew of the couple of staff folks I enjoyed were outstanding assets to her team.

Overall, very good. Recomended to all, couples families alike.

3 Thank Scapegoat51b

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Korean first
Paradise Valley, Arizona
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Booked a trip for 3 nights in mid-April for our family. Our daughter woke up extremely sick hours after the cancellation cut-off time, two days before our trip, and we knew we would not be able to take the trip. Called to cancel and was told that there would be an outrageous $400+ cancellation fee. After escalating to the manager, she agreed to waive the cancellation fee. Three weeks later, I received my credit card bill with the $400+ fee. I called to discuss this and was put on hold for 20 minutes, then told that someone would call me back. An hour later I get a call back. The manager on duty said that they had no notes about waiving the cancellation fee, and that since I couldn't remember the name of the manager whom I spoke to three weeks earlier, I was out of luck, and that I would need to dispute the charge with my credit card company. I recommend that you stay far away from this hotel.

4 Thank 1AR100
Pasadena, California
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We enjoyed our 3 night stay at this location. The lobby is bright, and access is convenient. The rooms were large and clean with modern facilities, LCD TV, coffeemaker, microwave, refrigeration, etc. Nice pool for relaxing. The breakfast and evening reception was definitely an added plus. The staff at the desk was polite and helpful as well as the morning breakfast attendants.

2 Thank ValentineRosie
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Beautiful hotel, nice pool. Top of the line service with friendly staff. Free breakfast! Free cocktail reception! Was a tad disappointed that such a high end hotel chain charged almost $10.00 a day for wifi. Did not see recycle bins anywhere.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank Michele M
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The hotel itself is nice. The complimentary breakfast is very good, with a little bit of everything. But the staff at this hotel is rude, could care less, and makes everything else about the stay unfortunate. In fact, if I had not prepaid, I would have turned around and walked out before I ever got checked in.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

4 Thank Michael K
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We liked this hotel as we were new to Palm Springs, so location was great and also enjoyed the suite nicer than a hotel room and loved the evening reception, met nice people. We will do our own research on golf courses.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

2 Thank David B
Colorado
Reviewed April 6, 2014

When you travel as a family, it really is hard to beat the Embassy Suites. This hotel was great. We stayed here for two nights on our Spring Break trip from LA to Phoenix. The hotel itself is very clean, and the location is very convenient. The shops across the street offered several great choices for Happy Hour and dinner, and there is a Ralph's market about a half mile down the street on the left with a Starbucks and Subway. We took advantage of room service one night - and I'd have to say it wasn't very good. With the choice of so many quality restaurants nearby, the next time we stay at this hotel, we'll go out. We ate at the crab shack our first night in town (about a black and a half away), and it was excellent. As usual, the evening reception and the breakfast buffet were excellent Kids loved the pool and the game room. Good choice for families - or if you are looking for a quiet and convenient place to relax.

1 Thank copokefan
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Quinta
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas II

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!