“Great place for families!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa

Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in La Quinta
Los Angeles, Ca
“Great place for families!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our trip was with our family of three kids, ages 5, 3 and 2. We had requested one of the wing rooms, which we got and we were quite happy with it. It appears to be even newer than the rest of the hotel, which is also recently built. We always try to stay at embassy suites, as it is just so convenient with small children. This is definitely the best embassy suites we have stayed at. The room was clean, modern and a good size. The rooms are separated by a door, so it really is like a one bedroom apartment. The microwave and refrigerator were both clean and were used a lot by us. We had two beds and I think they were queen size, which is quite nice with two people sleeping on each one.

The breakfast was also quite nice - everything you could want for breakfast. Again, great for kids since they can pick and choose for themselves. The managers reception is always a bonus. The kids can get pretzels, popcorn, and fruit punch and the adults can get some decent drinks. And you are able to take everything to your room.

The pool area is pretty standard with a couple of jacuzzis (also good for little kids to play in). An added bonus for kids is that they have a game room and library to keep them busy
during some down time. All in all, we loved our stay and we will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Just4law

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Great Stay and help was awesome. Local was great for my golf courses. Manager's reception was awful chips and dips. Give the traveler a better fare. Breakfast and dinner servers were great.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We took advantage of the special summer promotion rates and were very delighted with our stay. We had the wing room and it offered us some privacy and quiet away from the main atrium hall. The breakfasts and happy hours were a nice bonus and we even loved the toiletries they provided. Beds were comfortable and clean. My only feedback to the manager is that the wireless internet connection did not work in the bedroom, only in the living room area, and that the AC unit in the bedroom was very loud and kept waking me up. Also, for a nice sunny property in La Quinta, it would be nice to have more natural light in the room...

I would stay here again but a deal this good doesn't come that often!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Natsumi92130
La Quinta, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

The service i experienced was great and the rooms were even better. I was greeted by name and the staff took care of me and my family. The rooms were exceptional in cleanliness and the whole experience was outstanding!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Adrian513
Southern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

My wife and I went to the Embassy Suites in La Quinta as an anniversary getaway. We were given a room in one of the “wings” of the building, rather than on the atrium. It was quiet there, probably much quieter than it would’ve been off the atrium, so that was a plus.
The room was of good size, with the bedroom separated from the living room by a regular door (why didn’t we know about these places when we traveled with kids?). The bathroom was roomy and the entire suite was clean. There were TVs in the living room and the bedroom. They were smaller tube-types, but the rooms weren’t so large that it was a big issue. The kitchenette had a nice-sized refrigerator (which we used), a microwave (which we didn’t) and the obligatory two $5-bottles of Fiji (which we ignored).
We’d arrived about 9 (too late for the manager’s reception, alas) and didn’t feel like hunting down a restaurant so we ordered from room service. The food came quickly and was pretty good. Some salt and pepper on the tray would’ve been appreciated, however. The free breakfast was excellent. They had many choices both mornings and the food was hot and replenished often. When we did make the manager’s reception the second night, the hors d’ oeuvres were tasty and replenished often.
The pool area was nice, with good recliners and umbrellas around the pool and plenty of pool towels available. There are two jacuzzis. There is also a game room with a pool table and video games and a library, from which my wife was able to borrow a book when she forgot hers.
The staff was helpful when we had questions. I’d definitely stay there again. We got a good rate, so with the free breakfast and reception, it comes out as an excellent deal. The only issue I had was that when the AC unit cycled off, it sounded as if some equipment was falling inside the unit. It woke me up a couple times the first evening, but I guess I got used to it. I did report it on checkout. My only other complaint would be the charge for internet use. C'mon, get with the program!
We didn't use the spa facilities, so I can't comment on them.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank socalsteve19
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

We stayed here recently for a two night family escape. Since we have two dogs we always search for a pet-friendly hotel. As of now (6/11) the hotel is pet-friendly and charges $50 per stay. They have a decent AAA rate. Our room worked well with the dogs, just a quick trip down the elevator or stairs, around the corner and we had a grassy area for the dogs. The hotel is not super pet-friendly like the Kimpton hotel chains (which offer dog beds, bowls and a sign on the door warning hotel staff that there are pets inside) but since there are no Kimpton hotels in the Palm Springs area, this is the next best thing. The rooms are a good size with a little balcony over-looking greenspace (no real mountain view in the dog-friendly patio rooms). The AC in the room worked well and was quiet. The room itself was very quiet and peaceful. The included breakfast was decent with made-to-order omelettes. My 5 year old was a little disappointed they did not offer make-your-own waffles but he found plenty of other items to eat. The manager's reception was excellent with some decent finger foods. The pool temperature was perfect for the 106 degree weather! It was actually cool and refreshing when you first jumped in but was warm enough to lounge in for a while. The location was good for us. You can walk right across the street (not busy in the summer) to Old Town with a few restaurants. We ate at The Grill on Main which was decent. We were having so much fun that we were going to stay an extra night although they wouldn't give us even 20% off the room if we stayed so we decided to leave (they did give us a late check-out which was nice). A few items to note: the music at the pool kept getting static which was kind of annoying but they did fix it when someone complained about it. The menu at the hotel restaurant t is limited. We will return when we trek out to the desert again. Thank you for being pet-friendly!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed at the Embassy suites with our kids. I did not realize they upgraded our room until we went to check out and the total price was more then the rate that I booked. Luckily, I had printed a copy of my reservation with the rate on it to prove it. They upgraded our room to a pool view and then tried to charge me for it. Not ok!! I never asked for a upgrade. Be aware of this if you stay.
The property is very nice. The room has a safe in the room, microwave and refrigerator. It was a nice room and our room had a balcony. Breakfast is included and it is a full breakfast with just about everything. They will do cook to order omelets and also have egg beaters too. They do check your name and room number to make sure you do not have any extra people for breakfast and happy hour. Happy hour was really good. It was from 5:30-7:30pm. They had a list of drinks included. They did give out full glass beers, have different wines and mixed drinks too. Even special drinks for the kids. They did have different food left out for happy hour and both nights had different food. I thought the food for happy hour was better then other Embassy Suites. Also, you can order food at happy hour and have dinner while you are having your drinks.
I booked a room that included a meal for the kids free if you ate at the restaurant. It was only one meal for a child per paying adult and only one time during your stay, not per night. Check the rate online and also call and talk to the actual hotel for a price, not the 1-800 number. The rate at the hotel was about $10 cheaper per night when I check with them. The 1-800 number seems to have the same rates that you see online.
They do have a swimming pool and a jacuzzi. Lots of outdoor chairs and tables. They do have free parking, not covered parking.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near La Quinta
Homewood Suites by Hilton La Quinta
The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton La Quinta Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!