“Great Mexican Food~Great Happy Hour Sun-Fri!”

Las Casuelas Quinta
Ranked #41 of 119 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
La Quinta, California
“Great Mexican Food~Great Happy Hour Sun-Fri!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Las Casuelas Quinta is a great member of the Las Csuelas family of restaurants in the Coachella Valley! Food is good, service is great in the bar. We usually bring vistors to LCQ to enjoy 1/2 price appetizers and a good drink served Sunday-Friday all night. The Mexican Pizza is delicous and the guacamole is always a hit! Can be super crowded so go early or after 9!

• Visited February 2014

Victoria, Canada
“Lots of food”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This restaurant is in a mall area. It is good Mexican food and the service is also friendly and quite good. I had a chimichanga which was good and served with refried beans. It was served on a huge platter and enough food for 2 people. My husband had the beef burritos and again, huge portion of food served on a platter. For large appetites, this is a good place to go and the price is right, the food is good and it's a large restaurant, fairly noisy. There is still some atmosphere with the decor and music.

• Visited February 2014
Temecula, California
“Go to the Del Taco next to it!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Our first choice for dining would have required an extended wait on our 6pm visit on a Saturday, so, in spite of the TripAdvisor rating, we took a chance. Though tables were available, the first offered was right up against a group of about 10. The other offered put my seat in front of the closed half of a double door. This put me, 6'3", 240 lbs., partially blocking everyone's way when they tried to go onto the very popular patio. (The couple that took the table we declined also found the male, about my size, partially blocking the aisle.). At least in our area, there's too many tables, too close together. Salsa & chips arrived immediately. And that's the only reason we stayed. I had finished them before our very nice waitress showed up. It took a ridiculously long time to get to us. Though she, and many other workers, walked by us many times, they all avoided eye contact. And nothing was said. Though the hostess was great when we arrived and departed, we were totally ignored at all other times. Ordered bottled domestic beer (nothing on tap) and a margarita. My wife saw the beer placed on the bar. Then the margarita was made. Then it was placed on the bar. And there they sat. And sat. By the time the beer got there, it was cool, but not cold. No sooner had the drinks hit the table, I had not even taken a drink, than the food arrived. Reheated, pre-prepared plates. Ever tried very hot shredded lettuce used as a garnish? I might have been able to overlook the other issues, maybe, if the food had been extraordinary. The worst Mexican I have ever had. No difference in the taste of the rellano and cheese enchilada. Ground beef taco was mediocre. And I never did get the salad I ordered.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Les J
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Average ”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this location before & this time my experience was ok. I brought a client so maybe because it wasn't a smooth experience I have to rate it average. We sat at the patio & that may have been a mistake. Our server was trying but he had tables inside & outside so service took some time.
As far as the food, my client had an enchilada & he didn't finish it because he said it was bland. I had the beef burrito & it was just ok.
I remember this place as being better, but I'll probably come back & give it a shot.

Saline, Michigan
“Great spot to catch up with friends”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

2 Michiganders met up here with some friends of ours who live in the area. We had a wonderful time. The atmosphere was great, the food authentic, and the drinks perfect. I ordered a margarita on the rocks and one was PLENTY for me. The boys had beer and my friend wine. It was fabulous. We went for happy hour and got a few appetizers to share. The tacos were delicious. The only complaint I have was the chicken on my salad was kind of questionable. It was all thinly chopped up but I had a number of fatty pieces. We got nachos as well which had lots of jalapenos but were great. Definitely a recommendation from us! Call ahead about happy hour as they have $4 margaritas and cheap appetizers.

• Visited January 2014