“Canton Bistro”

Canton Bistro
Ranked #29 of 120 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Description: Best Chinese food in town! Lunch, Dinner, Cocktails, Dine-in, Take-out, Catering
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went for the first time for lunch. They had a broad menu and a relatively inexpensive lunch menu which we had. The food was good. The ambiance was also good. The service was a bit slow but to be expected as it was not a cafeteria style menu. It was a good value meal and I definitely plan on going back. It was one of the better Chinese restaurants in the area and close to shopping. I would recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Canton Bistro

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have always loved this restaurant, but we went this weekend and everything had changed. Took forever to get our food, then when it came, my wife bit down and gagged because there was a 2 inch piece of wire in the food. We called the waiter over and showed him, he said "Oh yeah, that if from the brush they clean the Wok with! That was it, like it happened often! So then we called the manager over and he said we are trying to fix that problem but when we get busy, we haven't been able to stop it from happening?? When the waiter came back, I told him the mistake he made was he never even apologized. His answer was, believe it or not, "it never crossed my mind". We told the manager about this, he offered to take half off the bill, which was nice, but too late and not what we wanted him to do. The food was not as good as it used to be, and this behavior was unacceptable. All new people, new ownership, no Chinese presence noticeable. What a shame, it was such a good place. They do not know how to run a restaurant. We will not go back again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Have been there three times and the food is very good. I think it is a little chintzy to charge for tea, and the restaurant needs to repad their chairs. They have zero cushion on them.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My parents are in town visiting from Philadelphia & my Mom remembered Canton Bistro having really good food. I took my parents there last night & they did not disappoint, great food, good service & an all around enjoyable experience. We will be back!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We ate at the Bistro 4 times during our month stay in the desert. Every time was the same, good service, nice selection on the menu and very good food. We were in time for happy hour menu once and drinks were good as well as side dishes. Never overcrowded while we were there but busy. Our entrees on all occasions were the best Asian food we had while in the desert, look forward to coming back when we visit this area again.