“One Bad Waiter” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arnold Palmer's Restaurant

Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington Street
Description: Summer Closure June 12 through Sept 22 Arnold Palmer's Restaurant features Progressive American cuisine, including fresh seafood, steaks, and some of Arnie's great comfort foods. This one-of-a-kind restaurant features an impressive wine room that houses 2,500 bottles of wine and an exclusive Chef's Table for special events. A variety of live entertainment in the evening in Arnie's Pub sets the atmosphere for guests to enjoy a unique dining experience. The extensive newly remodled patio offers stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains, a cozy outdoor fire pit for guests to gather and a putting green where visitors can work on their game.
Santa Monica, California
“One Bad Waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2006

I went to Arnold Palmer's with my family on a Saturday night during the high season in the desert, and it was packed. My parents are regulars at the place and they are always treated with tender, loving care by the charming hostess Dodi. Unfortunately, this graciousness was not extended by our waiter. As a vegan, I am no stranger to looking at menus which have not one thing on them that I would eat, but this is California and I find practically all restaurants are quick to recommend a dish that they will make to accomodate me. The waiter was so terse and stressed to begin with I dreaded to make a special request, in his defense the restaurant was very busy that night. But after all, it is his job to put the guests at ease. So when I asked if I could have a vegetable plate, he impatiently snapped that they didn't make anything like that. Then he rolled his eyes over my requests for the salad without the cheese. I was hungry when I left, since all I had was an iceberg wedge and the side of brocolli that came with my stepfather's entree (brocolli wasn't on the menu). However, my family was very pleased with their entrees, and the atmosphere was lovely. Sadly, one bad waiter can ruin an otherwise perfect evening.

2 Thank kingsberry

Reno, NV
“An Ace...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2006

What else did you expect from Arnie. Great food, great drinks, great service, and I was really always for Jack.

1 Thank Macsog6
Los Angeles, CA
“A Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2005

My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to celebrate our fifth anniversary there last weekend. The food was wonderful and the service was out of this world. Attentive and thorough without being stuffy. I would recommend this place to anyone, but particulary those that love golf or even sports history. I am not a huge sports fan, but I have to admit that it was a thrill being able to see all the amazing memorabilia. A 100% excellent experience.

2 Thank SJF510
A TripAdvisor Member
“Another Major For Arnie!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2005

My wife and some friends had just finished a round of golf and stopped in for a drink. We were early (fortunately) and spent the next hour and a half touring the most fantastic personal golf museum I have ever seen. Arnie has everything there from the claret jug to the instructional records from the late 50's. IF YOU ARE A GOLFER THIS IS A MUST SEE!!

There is more, after the dining room opened we were seated in the masters room and treated to some of the best food I have ever eaten. The lobster bisque is to die for and the short ribs (flown in daily) are wonderful. The only thing better than the food and memoribilia is the staff, friendly, fast, and professional.

If you have extra time bring your putter or sand wege and try out the 18 hole putting green and bunkers...a golfers paradise!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Scottsdale, AZ
“Arnold Palmer's First Class, Like the Man Himself”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2004

With the only restaurant in America to sport the Arnold Palmer name, it was a 'must see' on our travel iteinerary. The California colonial-Mediterranean architecture and lush landscaping of the restaurant immediately establish the expectation of a unique experience. The ambience was like walking into the perfect country club, filled with unmatched memorabilia, art work and remembrances of the greatest sports career ever lived. The service was prompt and polite, and the food was delicious. While the music in the bar/lounge area was a bit too loud, it was clear that management had succeeded in becomming 'the place' to see and be seen. The Palmer-designed putting course and Callaway branded golf equipment were ours to use, free of charge. It was clear that the ownership has branded the experience to truly reflect Mr. Palmer's preferences (the well vodka is KetelOne)and like the man himself, it is First Class.

11 Thank LuxurySpeaks