“Birthday dinner”

Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 120 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington Street
Description: Arnold Palmer's Restaurant features Progressive American cuisine, including fresh seafood, steaks, and some of Arnie's great comfort foods. This one-of-a-kind restaurant features an impressive wine room that houses 2,500 bottles of wine and an exclusive Chef's Table for special events. A variety of live entertainment in the evening on Arnie's patio sets the atmosphere for guests to enjoy a unique dining experience. The extensive newly remodled patio offers stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains, a cozy outdoor fire pit to dine around and an outdoor lounge for happy hour or after dinner drinks while enjoying the entertainment.
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We took my sister in law to Arnold Palmer's for her dinner because she's an avid golfer. Atmosphere is very warm and classy, acoustics are very nice, especially for those who having trouble hearing. The service is top notch, the food is wonderful! And we enjoyed a fabulous dessert (large enough for three of us to share.) I would recommend asking for a booth though as the tables are pretty close together. I personally felt the booth is a bit more private. We were there in December so it was too cool to eat outside, but it "looked" like it could be real nice out there on warmer nights.

There are newer reviews for Arnold Palmer's Restaurant

Reviewed January 1, 2014

we made a quick trip to La Quinta for New Year's Eve - the hotel's restaurant was booked up but the concierge recommended Arnold's restaurant. Not being a sports freak, I was expecting chicken wings and beer - I was wrong, the food - even on a crazy night like New Years was very good. They had a generous fixed four course menu for New Years - I had oysters, a salad, rack of lamb and desert. My wife had their shrimp, a salad and Sea Bass (which was delicious, btw). All were great - my lamb was cooked just right, our server was friendly and helpful (she suggested a very nice wine). The only downside was we were seated in a side room that was borderline depressing, but once we ate and went out to the bar area there was a band and they gave out party hats and tiaras for the ladies along with Champagne as we counted down to 2014. It was pricey, but not outrageous and we had a very good time. Seating Tip - I would ask for the main room as opposed to one of the side rooms.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We visited Arnold Palmers over a month ago when I offered a review of what I called a "terrific" meal. It was. That visit had been often delayed due to the spotty reviews here that seem to go from one end of the scale to the other. Unfortunately, our more recent visit was one at the lower end of that scale. The meals on our recent visit, where we invited friends due to our earlier experience, were really not good. In fact two of our party of 6 didn't eat much of their meals at all. One had the pot roast which was really a big glob of fat and gristle. Another had the steak special which also had a huge streak of unchewable gristle. I had that same special which was tender and tasty but was served with a chewy, greasy hash browned potato that I didn't finish. Other party members had meals from "great" to "so-so". All of this came with a $500 tab for a party of 6. Not good value, not a very good experience at all. I'm sure Arnold would have been disappointed too!

2  Thank ROBERT N
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Went for dinner, stayed for Bar Menu and Happy Hour.
Ribs were excellent, Burger was good, chips and blue cheese dipping sauce was just ok.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We visited without a reservation on a weekday night and were seated immediately. The staff were friendly and professional and out waiter was excellent. The food was really very good. My stroganoff was the best I've ever had. Others in my party were very happy with their meals. Dessert was very good too. My only complaint is that after such a good meal a really excellent coffee would be a treat and their coffee is surprisingly poor. It is very loud which made conversation difficult until tables of other diners left. The golf memorabilia was very interesting.