“Great food. Excellent service”

Arnold Palmer's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnold Palmer's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 119 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington Street
Description: Arnold Palmer's Restaurant features Progressive American cuisine, including fresh seafood, steaks, and some of Arnie's great comfort foods. This one-of-a-kind restaurant features an impressive wine room that houses 2,500 bottles of wine and an exclusive Chef's Table for special events. A variety of live entertainment in the evening in Arnie's Pub sets the atmosphere for guests to enjoy a unique dining experience. The extensive newly remodled patio offers stunning views of the Santa Rosa Mountains, a cozy outdoor fire pit for guests to gather and a putting green where visitors can work on their game.
San Francisco, California
“Great food. Excellent service”
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

For a golf fanatic like my bf we had to go check this place out. We loved it and all the memorabilia. We were seated in a quiet booth and had Cory as our server. He was attentive and made great reccommendations. We asked for wine menu ....brought to us by an iPad. We ordered the special appetitizer of mushrooms and the date and bacon sewers. Oh my god divine. I chose the braised beef ribs. A little though but the mash potatoes were unbelievable. the bf got the Chilean sea bass and it was tasty. We ordered the steak fries but Cory made a suggestion of the house fries and he was right we pretty much ordered everything Cory had suggested and we was right. We also had the Banana split to share and it was yum. Cory had also recommended me a wine and gave a sample before our main course was deliver it was awesome. All in all we had a great time with excellent service and divine food. Check it out guys

1 Thank ATHBOY1

Tucson, Arizona
“Great Arnie Memorabilia!”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was the perfect restaurant to start a buddies golf trip to the Palm Springs area. So many photos and pictures of Arnie. Plus, there is a putting green if you have to wait to be seated. Excellent entree preparations. I had the prime beef filet, but everyone in our group was pleased with their selection. Fairly large portions. Extensive wine list.

Visited June 2012
Overland Park,KS
“Best Sea Bass ever!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Had several fabulous dinners here. Love the Sea Bass...truly outstanding! Service was great and the atmosphere very nice. Will definitely return.

Cathedral City, CA
“If you're looking for old-people food, you found it!”
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Came here for Restaurant Week, as part of a group of 15. We sat in the group room, which is straight ahead as you walk in the front door. The room itself is very nice, with a long, granite-topped table filling the middle of the room, and glass-front wine cabinets filling every wall.

The prix-fix menu included a choice of appetizer, main course, and dessert, for $36.

I started with the hearts of romaine Caesar salad. Although crisp and fresh, there wasn't much to the salad; I ate about 3/4 of it. My wife started with the bisque, which she said was good. For the main course, I chose the roasted chicken served with mushrooms. Again, although juicy and tender, the dish lacked any sort of stand-out flavors. I believe I counted about eight slivers of mushrooms on the plate. For her main course, my wife had the braised short ribs, which she said tasted like what she would expect from a cafeteria or a casino buffet. The presentation of both of our main courses -- although served on a modernistic white plate -- lacked any sort of inspiration at all.

For dessert, we had a choice of crème brûlée or a brownie dish. Most people in our group of 15 opted for the crème brûlée, only to have our server, Julianne, return a short time later to inform us that there were only seven crème brûlées left, so she would just bring those out with eight brownies, so we could decide amongst ourselves (a.k.a. fight over) the crème brûlées. When she brought out all the deserts, it turned out that there were only six crème brûlées left. My wife and I had each ordered the crème brûlée, so we ending up splitting one of those, and taking a few bites of the brownie. The brownie, while tasty, was very rich, and therefore not my choice to end a meal. The crème brûlée, on the other hand, tasted as if it had been prepared much earlier in the day (which I should have realized when they "only had six left"), and lacked the creamy texture or warm crunchy top that I am used to.

When the bill arrived, I was not surprised to see that a gratuity had been included, but I was surprised to see that the amount of the gratuity was 20%. I was even more surprised to see that the gratuity had been calculated after the tax had been added onto the bill. Although I had no issues with the service and would have probably left 20%, I would prefer to be able to make the decision myself whether or not the server gave above-average service. And even if I did decide to bump the tip up to 20%, it would be based on the total for the food and drink -- not including the tax.

The final bit of surprise came with our change. We paid cash, and should have received $7.13 in change; instead however, they decided to keep the $.13 for themselves, and only gave us $7.00.

The next time I return to Arnold Palmer's Restaurant will be when my doctor puts me on a flavor-free diet -- and someone else is paying.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank CzekM8
Tustin
“A Great Choice in the Desert”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our dinner at Arnold Palmer's Restaurant. Our reservation booked through Open Table was honored right on time. We liked the special appetizers like bacon wrapped dates on a skewer. The entrees were all good, filet of sole, New York steak, beef Tenderloin with onions, peppers and mushrooms. Too bad we were too full to order one of their delicious sounding desserts. Instead we headed to their outdoor putting green for a little wagering!

• Visited May 2012