“Deserves a higher rating”

Chapellis Italian Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 121 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We dined here (again) with a local resident who brought along an ad for $20 entrees for people with early reservations. The waiter made no mention of this saving opportunity until he was reminded of it, but service, while sometimes inconsistent, was good. The food itself was excellent as we'd found previously and the atmosphere avoids the pretentious overtones so regrettably common at restaurants hereabouts.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

That was the question I asked myself as we entered into Chapelli's. And then... we were able to sit in the coveted corner table. If you've been there, you know what I mean. Romantic, semi private. My hubby went all out, appetizer - garlic bread. Out comes this beautiful display of bread with alfredo, bruschetta and marinara sauces! It was delightful! Then salad. I chose my favorite - Wedge. It was wonderful with the house dressing. Hubby chose his usual..Caesar and said it was nice (his lingo for wow, it was good). Our waiter's timing was perfect and our dinners came out on time and perfectly heated. I dove into my Chicken Marsala and was not disappointed. My hubby was delighted with the pasta & marinara sauce. He completely believes that Chapelli's has the best marinara sauce in the valley. Now that say something!

I hope the word gets out about this wonderful restaurant. But as it does, remember to call ahead and make a reservation. And ask if the corner table is available <wink>

Enjoy!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Had a great meal (Halibut) ...was fresh, tasty and prepared perfectly. They were willing to make substitutions and food was consistently good for four of us. Atmosphere was friendly and comfortable. Service was good and attentive. All in all we had a very good experience and would return again.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We have enjoyed this restaurant many times. It is where we go when we need a pasta fix. Their chicken Parmesan is outstanding, as is their spaghetti and meat balls. Portions are good (not crazy big) size, and the staff are wonderful.

Reviewed March 28, 2012

We/ve been several times and have never been disappointed. First rate drinks and food at very reasonable prices. A little gem in a strip mall near La Quinta Village.