“Old favorite for locals”
Review of Cunard's Sandbar

Cunard's Sandbar
Ranked #23 of 125 Restaurants in La Quinta
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 5, 2012

For a small restaurant with a decent-sized parking lot, there is mandatory (and complimentary) valet parking--a bit of a strange pretention! Food is okay, not great. The sand dabs that used to be their claim to fame are not on the menu anymore, though you can ask for that.
This had been recommended by a friend who used to live here, but it came off as tired and definitely unexciting in an area with a lot of really good restaurants.
I would guess this old-timer is on its way out.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

From a fun bar with Pete in charge with wonderful drinks and stories to great food with great service. Don't miss it.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

I went in there to grab some steak and lobster and a glass of wine with my girlfriend. I was welcomed to the door by the owner Bobby. He was very friendly and funny, and knew everyone coming into the restaurant. The food was delicious and not overpriced. The restaurant looks deceiving on the outside but when I had seen Porsche's and Bently's valet parked outside I had to see what was inside. Grade A service, food, and environment. Definitely a dwelling for the silver haired crowd. My girlfriend and I sat at the bar(were 23) and enjoyed a drink, listened to the music and watched everyone have a great time. We felt like we were at home.

3  Thank Taylor J
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This is our go-to restaurant when we are in town. We love the ambiance of the bar; the bartender is so jovial and gracious and the live piano music is classic! The food is wonderful and the wait staff will assure you have everything you want. Don't let the exterior fool you...The Sandbar is the place to go for a perfect evening!

2  Thank Fifi E
Reviewed September 16, 2011

So happy to see the Sandbar open again for the season. New chef and a few changes to the menu and everyone seems happy to be together again for the season! The salmon was wonderful, and the creme brulee not to be missed. Entertainment was upbeat and so much fun. Very welcoming atmosphere, a must do when in LaQuinta.

1  Thank 1happyclam