“Figue is such a unique dining experience”
Review of Figue Mediterranean Restaurant - CLOSED

Figue Mediterranean Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Figue Mediterranean Restaurant sets a new standard for casual, fine dining.Figue (French for fig and rhymes with “intrigue”) offers an unparalleled dining experience by delivering innovative chef-driven dishes, using only the highest quality, organic, seasonal, all-natural and healthy ingredients, in an environment that is both comfortable and visually stimulating, with crisp service that is warm, engaging and knowledgeable.
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The first thing I must say is that the Owner Lee and our waiter Javier are top notch! We were warmly welcomed back as this was our second visit. The fact that they remembered us made me smile. They made us feel welcomed and Javier remembered my drink.

Secondly the food experience is like nothing else in the valley. June was Italy month and we experience a wonderful meal with wine pairing. July is France month so we grabbed our passport (a Figue Marketing passport) and headed there for a pre birthday dinner.

Javier is passionate about these menus and makes it enjoyable to ask him what he recommends. My mouth watered at the Mad Spainard appertizer platter. Then off to France for the French Onion soup (one of the best I ever have had)!!

I decided to do a few appetizers for my main course and was I ever surprised by the baked figs which sat in shredded phylo dough that resembled birds nests. The figs were topped with a creme fraiche cheese blend and drizzled with a lavender honey! TO DIE FOR!!

I enjoyed the Profiteroles for dessert. The whole meal was amazing.

Okay so what can they improve on????

Even though my husband had mentioned it was my birthday while making the reservations, they didn't mention it or comp the dessert. (I did receive a call the following day from the restaurant asking how my Birthday dinner was) which seemed a bit disconnected as they not acknowledge it at the time of the meal.

One small detail for the management is that when a customer is wearing black, there should be a black napkin made available to them, so that the lint from the white napkin doesn't rub off onto the black dress or pants.

That is the only thing I can mention that needs to be changed.

If you want to enjoy wonderful food and a great wait staff and don't want the same old Steak or Seafood menu, I highly recommend Figue!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Hands down the best place for a lovely dinner in the desert! Not only has the new owner, Lee, done an amazing job with the beautiful décor inside, he selected a very talented chef and all the staff is friendly as heck. The entire combination is really hard to find anywhere, huge kudos!

We went there twice over the weekend because we loved it so much. The hostess, Tatiana happened to be walking around outside and made sure to go out of her way to open the restaurant door for us and we headed to the bar for an early dinner. We ordered the squid salad since they were out of the plancha octopus and it didn't disappoint-so fresh. We also go the meat and cheese platter and requested the bread be grilled with olive oil, so yummy. Then we had the chocolate bomb dessert to end the night, boy we were stuffed and happy. The bar tender, made a vodka soaked with fig that we enjoyed throughout our meal. The folks next to us ordered the Coq Au Vin and boy did that aroma entice me to order something else to eat, even though I was so full. So I got the rabbit, LOL. WOW!

The manager came and checked on us and the smiles just kept rolling in.

I swear, they thought out all the details in this place, I would love to have a restaurant like this.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Eight of us dined here last night. The restaurant itself is designed beautifully and worth the visit just for that reason. The way the restaurant is deigned-very high tech and high ceilings increases the noise level here to the degree that conversations across the table our strained. If you are looking for an intimate restaurant -this is Not it.
The menu is different-but the food is good. One of us had the pull porked,another the chicken,another the clams,another the fish-all acceptable. I had a calamari appetizer in a tomato sauce that I would skip the next time. Many had a very nice salad to start with.
We dine out usually anywhere between two to five couples at least twice a week-mostly local. We like several of the Kaiser restaurants that this same family owns and frequent them. Valet parking was very professional and easy.We were greeted nicely when we entered the restaurant and seated on a beautiful table that sat high in the middle of the dining room beautiful view,-very comfortable stool like chairs. When our waiter came bye he had a very brusque,rude manner right from the start and we should have right at that point asked for another server. I spoke with the manager upon leaving and he was very apologetic(it was not his fault) However despite the waiters rudeness our group had a fun evening.
We will return to this restaurant but not for a long while.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My family wanted a unique dining experience. We drove by and selected it based on the exterior look and the type of food.

The inside is ultra modern, very uptown. We were greeted by the hostess, and then seated by either the maitre D or the owner- very nice and gracious people.

We all ordered 4 different coctails and dinners. All four were delicious. My table was brought 4 semi chocolate drinks with a foam/cream sauce as birthday treats, nice touch! We walked back to our hotel from there as we were very full.

This is a very good dining experience.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

and will probably give it another chance the next trip out....but, on this trip, three strikes should have put them off my go-to places for desert gastronomy experiences.

First off, they had a prix fixe menu for restaurant week. Three courses for $38. Great deal. However, one of the dishes I wanted was not available... not told to me before or when I ordered, but about 10-15 minutes post order. So that was bummer #1. Bummer #2 is that I was intending to order a dish that they are known for... prosciutto wrapped dates...that too, was out. I will have to say the mussels appetizer was tasty, but not out of the ordinary.

Then Bummer #3 was the fact that the desserts totally fell flat. The olive oil and fig cake sounded great, but the dried figs and bland cake ended at the first bite. The apple tart had a good flavor on the caramel and the apple topping, but the crust was horrible. Bland, doughy and slightly chalky.

I did, however, admire other dishes I saw fly by the table and loved the ambiance. I will give the place one more chance, but on first impression, I would say they need to brush up on their customer service on making substitutions for dishes not available on a prix fixe menu and re-work their desserts.

2  Thank Freqtravelgal
Lee M, Owner at Figue Mediterranean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Hello,

Please permit my introduction. I am Lee Morcus, Figue owner.
Thank you for visiting Figue and for your review.

I appreciate the courtesy of posting my response; although I wish Trip Advisor allows private and personal responses.

I want to personally apologize that we sold out of an item on our restaurant week menu. I share your frustration and it is magnified that we did not make you aware until well after you ordered the item. We must do a better job of communicating. I am terribly sorry for our failure.

The Prosciutto wrapped dates are featured only as a chef's special, since we are using organic dates and they are not always available. I apologize that we were not able to feature this dish when you visited.

I have investigated the desserts. The Pistachio Fig cake is one of our signature desserts and is very popular and the apple tart is one of our top sellers. I am sorry they were "off" when you visited.

You have clearly identified some opportunities that we have taken to heart and will use to improve, especially since we are relatively new, opening on March 26. we are listening and we do strive to improve daily.

The next time you return, I would welcome the opportunity to meet you and personally welcome you back. I apologize for our shortcomings the night you visited and sincerely appreciate you bringing the matter to my attention. I do welcome and look forward to your return!

Most sincerely,