“Amazing..tantalizing eating experience”

Figue Mediterranean Restaurant
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Figue Mediterranean Restaurant sets a new standard for casual, fine dining.Figue (French for fig and rhymes with “intrigue”) offers an unparalleled dining experience by delivering innovative chef-driven dishes, using only the highest quality, organic, seasonal, all-natural and healthy ingredients, in an environment that is both comfortable and visually stimulating, with crisp service that is warm, engaging and knowledgeable.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This place is the most unique restaurant I've ever been in..and I've eaten all over the USA, and other continents.
Every detail has been scrupulously attended to: from the moment you walk in with the wood sculpture, to the scrumptuous desserts.
The food is the key feature, obviously, but the whole experience is unreal!
If your in the Palm Springs area and miss this place..shame on you!

There are newer reviews for Figue Mediterranean Restaurant

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We had a wonderful time at this new restaurant in La Quinta, CA.
The lovely atmosphere added to one of the most enjoyable culinary experiences I've ever had. The beef daube and roasted daurade (sea bream) were excellent! Service was great. And the IPAD menu was alot of fun and unique.
Can't wait to go back!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

After enjoying Amore, the prior restaurant in this location, for several years, we watched and waited in anticipation as the experienced and successful Kaiser Group acquired the site and renovated the facility as Figue. I stopped in last night after the reopening and discovered they were really not quite ready.

Upon being seated at the bar (my choice), I was given an iPad with a menu app as well as a hard copy menu and wine list. The iPad content was far from complete, with some of the screens coming up literally with "lorem ipsum" space holder text, while some of the screens were totally empty. Given that the incomplete programing of the iPads had to be obvious to the restaurant management, I have no idea why they were given to patrons.

My server told me the Kaiser family designed the menu selections around their home country cuisine (Lebanon, I believe). In any case, about half very unusual items with names that were not decipherable. I asked the waitress about the "Kibbe," on the menu as "lamb and Bulgar wheat meatballs." Her description was not appealing, as I should have anticipated with a meatball made with wheat. Wanting a light meal, I ordered an imported premium ham small plate as my entree. $32, so I expected it might be something very special. It was similar to Prosciutto although milder in flavor, served with two small pieces of bread. And it was not very special and not worth $32.

I had no utensils when waiter served the meal. When I asked, the waiter told me the bartender would provide the utensils, but she was nowhere to be seen for the next few minutes. Fortunately I had the time.

To be fair, Figue had been open for only three days. But they needed a few more days to get everything the restaurant and staff ready.

1  Thank paddock_rat