“It's not cheap but the quality is there”

LG's Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
LG's Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 124 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Everything is first class at this La Quinta branch of LG's Prime Steak House. The table side Caesar for two ($20) is spectacularly good. The drinks are big and the steaks excellent. Corkage is a bit steep so have an extra martini and don't take your own wine

Reviewed July 29, 2014

In lived in La Quinta for near 15 years and have never tried LG's Prime Steakhouse, mainly because there are so many steakhouses in the desert. Tonight my in-laws took us here, at my wife's request to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. I will not be returning.

First off the decor is outdated and feels more like a 80's banquet hall than an elegant steakhouse. The staff was nice but really appeared to be simply going through the motions, they've gone through for decades. The service was sloppy as dishes, silverware, and glasses were shoved all around the table and water and ice spilled every time the glasses were refilled.

When the food came the presentation was hideous. The sizzling hot steak plates were covered in stains from the hot splatters of grease, the veg and potatoes were colorless and everything just tasted bland. My steak was cooked perfectly, and the quality of the meat excellent, but it too completely lacked even salt and pepper.

The feel and quality of this restaurant and it's food has most surely differed since the days when LG was alive and overseeing the operation. This restaurant is closer to Sizzler than a true fine fining venue. And definitely not worth the $50 to $75 per person you'll pay for your meal.

I recommend driving the extra 15 minutes and visiting Morton's, The Chop House, Sullivan's or Ruth's Chris. All are superior in every respect and within the same pricing category.

2  Thank LG_Weinman
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Sat in a nice, quiet booth with two colleagues in July 2014. Very nice wine list. Ordered from the fixed price summer menu. Had a small fillet with mashed potatoes and vegetables. All the food was prepared as requested and professionally done. The server staff was very attentive, came when needed, and left us alone in privacy when not needed.
The fixed-price menu included salad, entrée, and dessert, at a reasonable price. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to any of my friends and colleagues.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

"Happy Hours' in the desert are usually pleasing experiences ... it's normally too hot to eat a full dinner in the summer months so happy hour food is quite appealing to most of us who live here in the Sonora Desert full time. LG's Steakhouse is one of the premier steak houses in the Coachella Valley but they sure miss on their 'happy hour' ... recent advertisements by the restaurant tempted us to visit ... but not again. Only a few choices: 2 meatballs; 2 chicken skewers; piece of Brie; quarter salad wedge. Nice selection of wine by the glass and well drinks. We noticed several people came in - looked at the menu - and left. We were hoping for a teensy steak slider made with one of their delicious cuts of meat or a small beef skewer. My biggest 'beef' with LG's Happy Hour was 'no beef'.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

To tell you the truth my husband and I were a little disappointed in this place. We went to celebrate our 31st anniversary which also happened to be a Wednesday night. Wednesdays are supposed to be 1/2 off Wine Wednesdays which I thought was a nice bonus. So after being seated and presented with the wine menu I mentioned the 1/2 off and they're like, oh! let me get you the 'special' wine menu with those choices. Well it seemed to me that they greatly inflated the prices of the wine on the 'special' 1/2 off menu. Granted I had to go by memory because they took the regular wine menu with them when the brought the 'special' wine menu, but I'm a pretty good reader and I'm sure about my impressions. So we ended up saving maybe $2 after the inflated prices being discounted and the wine was not at all good. No an auspicious start I'm afraid. As others have mentioned everything on the menu is a la carte, so if I'm paying $8 for a baked potato I want it to be good. Hot. A nice presentation wouldn't be unappreciated either. We got none of that. A naked, luke-warm potato made cold by the toppings in metal containers on a side plate. An extra charge for bacon bits. Errr. The bone-in rib eye was a monster but had to be sent back because it was still mooing a little. The bone-in new york was just a disappointment all the way around. Kind of like our whole experience. ;-( We will not be back. Two stars for the service, the best thing there.

1  Thank Jorri