“Fixed price summer deal”

LG's Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
LG's Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 120 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Fixed price summer deal”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Sat in a nice, quiet booth with two colleagues in July 2014. Very nice wine list. Ordered from the fixed price summer menu. Had a small fillet with mashed potatoes and vegetables. All the food was prepared as requested and professionally done. The server staff was very attentive, came when needed, and left us alone in privacy when not needed.
The fixed-price menu included salad, entrée, and dessert, at a reasonable price. I would certainly recommend this restaurant to any of my friends and colleagues.

• Visited July 2014

Palm Desert, California
“Disappointing 'Happy Hour' at LG's in LaQuinta, CA”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

"Happy Hours' in the desert are usually pleasing experiences ... it's normally too hot to eat a full dinner in the summer months so happy hour food is quite appealing to most of us who live here in the Sonora Desert full time. LG's Steakhouse is one of the premier steak houses in the Coachella Valley but they sure miss on their 'happy hour' ... recent advertisements by the restaurant tempted us to visit ... but not again. Only a few choices: 2 meatballs; 2 chicken skewers; piece of Brie; quarter salad wedge. Nice selection of wine by the glass and well drinks. We noticed several people came in - looked at the menu - and left. We were hoping for a teensy steak slider made with one of their delicious cuts of meat or a small beef skewer. My biggest 'beef' with LG's Happy Hour was 'no beef'.

• Visited July 2014
Cypress, California
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

To tell you the truth my husband and I were a little disappointed in this place. We went to celebrate our 31st anniversary which also happened to be a Wednesday night. Wednesdays are supposed to be 1/2 off Wine Wednesdays which I thought was a nice bonus. So after being seated and presented with the wine menu I mentioned the 1/2 off and they're like, oh! let me get you the 'special' wine menu with those choices. Well it seemed to me that they greatly inflated the prices of the wine on the 'special' 1/2 off menu. Granted I had to go by memory because they took the regular wine menu with them when the brought the 'special' wine menu, but I'm a pretty good reader and I'm sure about my impressions. So we ended up saving maybe $2 after the inflated prices being discounted and the wine was not at all good. No an auspicious start I'm afraid. As others have mentioned everything on the menu is a la carte, so if I'm paying $8 for a baked potato I want it to be good. Hot. A nice presentation wouldn't be unappreciated either. We got none of that. A naked, luke-warm potato made cold by the toppings in metal containers on a side plate. An extra charge for bacon bits. Errr. The bone-in rib eye was a monster but had to be sent back because it was still mooing a little. The bone-in new york was just a disappointment all the way around. Kind of like our whole experience. ;-( We will not be back. Two stars for the service, the best thing there.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Jorri
Boston, Massachusetts
“yup, we are carnivores!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Huge Steaks! Steaks are perfectly grilled to our order! Every single time we have been here!
Huge baked Potatoes!
Fantastic wine list.
We never ever even read the dessert list-we were always too full!

• Visited December 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Not for Vegetarians”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were invited for a birthday dinner with another couple. We do not eat meat very often so this was an unusual dinner for us. We had fried green beans and then mushroom for appetizers. I had probably the largest pork chop I've ever seen. It was good but I could have had more apple sauce. The wife had a filet which for a steak house was not cooked to order. It turned out to be overcooked. That was a surprise. The side of potatoes was tasty. The service was very good. We did not care for the decor or ambiance at this restaurant. If not specifically invited we would not go to this restaurant again.

• Visited June 2014