“Favorite Restaurant in Desert!!”

LG's Prime Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
LG's Prime Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 121 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My family and I have been coming here for years every time we are in the desert and have never experienced a bad meal. The table side Cesar salad is outstanding! You can not go wrong with any of the steaks, pork chop or fish. Service is outstanding as well, our server Armondo did a fabulous job both nights we went during our last visit. It is a great place for families. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I had visited the LG's location in Palm Springs numerous times but it has been a few years and I decided to visit the LaQuinta location this time. I was disappointed to find that the tomato and onion salad that I always loved was no longer on the menu. Additionally, they also changed the rolls that are provided and the ones currently being served aren't as good as the previous ones. Staff are very attentive. Note that the menu is priced a la carte so it usually means about $50 per person. I have NEVER had a bad steak at this steakhouse and the one I had this time was absolutely perfect. However, during my entire meal, I had to battle a pesky fly that just would not leave me or my food alone and I really don't think you should have to do this in this level of a restaurant. For me, this was my last visit to LG's.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

With the cost of the menu items I had thought that they would come at least with a vegetable and a starch, but no, everything costs extra. And I mean EVERYTHING. For forty dollars I expect more than a piece of meat on my plate. Get with it we are not all made of money. I for one will not be back!

3  Thank Gretchen F
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We didn't think the steaks were particularly great. Our friends love the place and we went with them. Maybe just an off night? We will probably try it again.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hostess suggested that I sit at the bar because she said Jeff, the bartender, was the coolest guy. The strange part was that he did make me a good drink and took my food order, but that was the last he spoke to me! There were only three guys at the bar. My drink ran out and I had to call him over to have him get me another! Not the kind of service you'd normally expect from a bartender who only had three customers! The food was quite good, but I never thought I'd be ignored in the process.. Didn't even ask me how my ribeye was. He was not that busy; he needs to pay some attention to his customers.