The Chateau at Lake La Quinta
Hilton.com
$59
Priceline
$79
Miramonte Indian Wells Resort & Spa(Indian Wells)(Great Value!)
$128
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa(Indian Wells)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Restaurant
$73
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa(Indian Wells)(Great Value!)
$159
Hyatt.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsman made lakemelange restaurantthe general managerboutique hotelwalk in showerstayed nightsthe entire staffprivate patiothe palm springs areafireplacedesertbungalowlakefrontweddingprivacysinkstournament
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Been staying at the beautiful Lake La Quinta Inn for the past 6 or 7 Thanksgiving weekends while visiting family in La Quinta..As you drive in the first thing you note is the Chateau type feeling of this lovely place..All rooms face a gorgeous lake and it is just a very private, very 'homey', lovely place to make your home away from home when visiting the La Quinta area...the staff is wonderful, the rooms are very comfortable and you will certainly be happy you chose this place for your stay..I recommend it very highly and will return every time I'm in the area...

Room Tip: the suites are fantastic, the other rooms are all lovely...you can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank JeffB1111
Reviewed November 17, 2011

I never would have known about this hidden gem if it weren't for a Living Social deal back in May. My husband & I go to the Palm Springs area 2-3 times a year and now I can't imagine staying anywhere else.

This is a quaint, newly remodeled B&B on the shores of man-made Lake La Quinta. Each room has a balcony or patio overlooking the lake. There is a strip of grass between the patio and the lake. The rooms are done in light woods and soft whites. The comforters are fluffy and the beds are comfy. I believe each room has a fireplace and a mini-fridge. The Roman shades on the French doors did a great job of blocking the morning light.

This place is very quiet, relaxing and romantic. The pool area is not fancy, but the pool water is kept very warm and there is a water flow that makes gurgling fountain noises - very relaxing when you are laying in the sun with a good book. The pool and spa water are crystal clear. There is soft background music playing from the "rock" speakers. There are ample lounge chairs and umbrellas. Most times, my husband and I were the only ones using the pool area.

We had a welcome bottle of champagne and tasty box lunch that was served on a fancy plate. In fact all the food is delicious and is served with a beautiful presentation, thanks to Omar, the chef. There is no menu for breakfast, but the entree changes daily. They keep an urn of ice water with orange slices filled at all times in the lobby.

There is wireless internet in the lobby area, but we found it very spotty. I ended up using my iPhone for most of my internet use.

Chris, the general manager, made us feel very welcome. We loved this place and can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We had room 4 on the ground level. I preferred the patio to the balcony because of access to the lake area. Room 4 is also on the pool end of the building.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl S
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Last week I was with the group of 15 ladies on a 4 days retreat to Lake La Quinta Inn. I highly recommand it to everyone. We had lots of fun from serenity and beauty of the place to the special care and professional services we received. Chris the manager, Omar the chef, Mary, Tammy and Christian all of the Lake la Quinta crew were very courtious and helpful.

Room Tip: The Lakefront Bungalows and Villas were out of this world. Beautifully Decorated , one has full kitchen facility and they have a small meditation corner which is heavenly.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We stayed in the Captains Quarters and could not believe the spaciousness of the room and the view. We had a private balcony that we sat and watched the perfect sunset and birds on the lake. My husband says we definately, in comparing to the other options, had the best room in the place. The extra bonus is that this room comes with a private jacuzzi. The only reason we are rating this bed and breakfast a four star is becauase there were some "hiccups". The first is the jacuzzi is shaped very oddly and it was uncomfortable for us and we preferred the jacuzzi by the pool...but that is our preference and shouldn't reflect in the scoring. But I wanted to mention it as only fair for other travelers. The first night our fireplace would not work and with no one there on site past a certain time it was very frustrating. Fortunately there was a couple checking in that had not been left their keys so we were able to contact the manager about our situation as well. We weren't sure how long it would take and wanted to start our evening so we hopped in the car and went to the local store and bought a lighter. Upon return we ran into the employee who had just left us a lighter at our door and apologized and said they would reimburse us for the lighter we bought. The other thing is when asking the girl at the front desk on Saturday how to get to old downtown La Quinta she said she wasn't sure but did provide a map of the area which we figured out. In case you are wondering it's right down Washington and when you see the signs for the civic center just follow them. There is a beautiful park and art work in the library there as well and old town is just further past that. Neat place! But she had a map and that did help us. I just found it odd that an employee didn't know where to send us. We had also asked that our room be cleaned at that time and it wasn't. So when we got back they cleaned it while we went to the pool...so no biggie. Then on Sunday we all came down at 8:30 as instructed for breakfast and no one was there. I called the hotel emergency line and she sounded concerned because that employee had never been late. She hung up with me to find out what had happened and called me back immediately to let me know that someone should be walking through the door any minute to help us. And he was...so breakfast was a little late. We aren't the complaining type so don't think of this review as that...just little things that kept it from being a five star. The place is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous and they were so helpful in suggesting restaurants in the local area. The suggestion to go to Mama Gina's for happy hour was awesome. Amazing place! So the staff really, really tried and like I said...just some "hiccups". We literally had the pool to ourselvews the whole time we were there so that in itself along with the room and the view was awesome. I would definately stay here again! Gorgeous!

Room Tip: This location is off the beaten path but so close as well to normal city shopping so if you need to run to the store for something it's a breeze.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed at Lake La Quinta through Groupon. What a fantastic deal. Stayed two nights and it was wonderful. Rooms right on the lake with little patios. Chilled Champagne when we arrived and full delicious breakfast each morning. The staff is very helpful but not intrusive. The parlor and breakfast room make you feel like you are in someones home, warm and cozy.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor which is very nice cause you can walk right across the green lawn and sit on lounge chairs by the lake for a nice glass of wine.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends