“Excellent Value”

Mario's Italian Cafe
Ranked #84 of 121 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I recently did a golf trip to the La Quinta area. Arriving in the evening, we looked for a place to eat and stumbled upon Mario's. I settled on the specials page on menu and chose the veal and pasta dish. The meal was just the right size and it was very tasty. Along with the meal came a large slice of garlic toast and it hit the spot. The value was very good. I will definitely come back when I'm in the area again. The menu is extensive and covers almost anything Italian that your palette might desire. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We are regulars here. One of our favorite places for my wife and I to go for a relaxing dinner after work.We almost always sit on the patio. Their portions are big, so we split a meal. they are always friendly and staff is always attentive, even w/ they are at their busiest. I've been to other italian restaurants that charge a lot more and gave less and didn't taste any better. It's just a fun place to dine

Reviewed February 16, 2012

Crowded, popular and one of a group of restaurants. We were lucky to get a table quickly, being two and arriving early. The place is really popular. Service was friendly and good. The salads were fantastic, crisp and fresh. And then there was the rest of the meal. The red sauce had an anemic flavor for my husband's pasta. People next to us complained about the scampi and the husband left much of his pasta with meat sauce. Wine was reasonable in cost and the menu offered choices that seemed appealing. We did not take home the proverbial doggie bag. Marios works well for groups and families but go early. Price is reasonable but we found the taste to be less than expected. There is outdoor seating and maybe it would be less noisey but this is a family restaurant. in a strip mall.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

This is a local franchise operation that specializes in cheap so-called Italian food. "Italian" as it drowns everything in some non-descriptive "red sauce."

It's a noisy hangout with kids screaming and, outside, folks dining with their dogs?

The Mario's on Hwy 111 east of Jefferson...serving the same cheap food is a better bet if you MUST go! But cheap it is and if you are on a strict no frills budget don't expect a "chef" to prepare your food. It's thrown together by cooks who must work part-time at Coco's.