“Mega buffet with something for everybody”
Review of DJ Asian Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
DJ Asian Buffet
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We were told about this place by a local resident, and we decided to stop there for lunch. The dining area is large, and the place was very busy. Nevertheless we got seated right away. After that it's up to you...the buffet has a huge choice of Asian food, and everything looks appetizing. You'll find all the usual suspects lined up,but if the deep fried, fast food type North American Chinese is not your choice, you'll find better alternatives, including several very good seafood selections. For under $ 8.00 you'll get anything you may want, including soup and dessert. No MSG is used. Pick this place if you want good value for your money, but don't expect a romantic ambiance.

2  Thank CharlotteKelowna

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Well, I’m not much of a buffet aficionado, but my wife decided that it would be a good place to take the grandchildren since I had a doctor’s appointment nearby and time was of the essence. Heck, since she was paying for it, what else could I say, but …Yes! Besides, this restaurant was relatively new and we hadn’t yet tried it. I arrived about 11:45 AM (in my own vehicle) and waited patiently until the rest of my group arrived. As I waited, I actually became somewhat worried that we might have a tough time getting a table, as I had seen numerous people entering the restaurant, yet nobody left and it was now past noon.

Once we entered the restaurant, I was happily surprised to see that this place was actually huge inside and had adequate seating. The hostess/server escorted us to a large clean table and took our soft drink/ice tea orders. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Having opened only a few months ago, this place was still clean (including the restrooms) and looked pleasing to the eye, however, it’s nothing really fancy. We experienced excellent table service, as the hostess/server was very quick to make empty plates disappear, refill our drinks, and bring my wife the check (heh…heh) when we were ready.

We all eventually made our own way through the buffet isles and I was pleased to see a vast array of Asian-inspired dishes. Everything I tried was good (maybe not up to the standards of the ‘hoi polloi’), but for us it was good enough and really that was all that matters to us anyway. Prior to deciding on trying this place, I had actually read some highly negative reviews (on another site) from others about this place; however, I’m sure that those reviewers were probably just either 'trolls', competitors, or disgruntled ex-employees, as this place is nowhere as bad as they had proclaimed it to be.

There’s a really nice selection of food on the various buffet tables. There is also a separate sushi station with its own attendant. There’s a nice salad station and a soup station with steamed dumplings. There were also other tables with conventional Asian-inspired dishes, including shrimp, chicken on skewers, various types of seafood, several vegetable dishes, fried rice, etc.

Since I’m not a buffet regular (unless I’m in Vegas…heh…heh), I really didn’t know what to expect; however, I was glad that my wife took charge and decided for us to try this place…as well as decided to pick-up the check…lol. An adult meal (including beverage) runs about thirteen dollars or so with the cost being substantially less for kids. BTW, the atmosphere is casual and this place is most certainly family friendly. It was certainly an enjoyable experience and we'll be going back soon…cheers.

5  Thank ScreenStar