“MAN UP AND PLAY THIS COURSE, STAY HOME IF U DONT LIKE A CHALLENGE”

PGA West TPC Stadium Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Ranked among Golf Magazine's "Top 100 Courses You Can Play" in the United States, this Pete Dye-design is inspired by the famed Scottish seaside courses characterized by a rugged and dramatic landscape.
St. George, Utah
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“MAN UP AND PLAY THIS COURSE, STAY HOME IF U DONT LIKE A CHALLENGE”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Yes this course is hard, yes golf is hard, get over it. If u want a challenge then here u go. If u want to be a baby and complain about how the course fairways dont slope to the center and the greens are too fast stay home. But if u really want to test ur skills then play it. Yes im sure its in better condition at times, but in no way was it bad. If ur in palm springs and like a challenge and not the same old easy boring country club then play pga west.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank brandon w

• Korean first
Southern california
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 121 helpful votes
“A beefy test of golf in a great location”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

PGA West was the first of the stadium courses that Pete Dye brought into mainstream golf. I had not played it in over a quarter century, but this weekend I teed it up again there, and it was a fun experience.

The course can play long if the wind is up. Fairways are fair sized but the treat are the visual distractions that Dye has laid out in front of you. Choices must be made on shots approaching the greens, and punishment awaits those who stray off course. The use of hills and slopes is the penalty if you get off the fairways. The greens aren't tricked out, smooth and fair.

While this course won't attract the big time events now, it is still all the golf one can handle, and if the weather is right, it's a beautiful track tucked near the mountains.

Visited April 2014
Brookfield, Wisconsin
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Love Pete Dye and TPC Stadium Course”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This was my first time to the Palm Springs area so I wanted to make sure I played golf a couple of times while I was there. I live in Wisconsin about an hour away from Kohler where Pete Dye's Blackwolf Run and Whistling Straits sit. So, I am very familiar with Dye's designs and layouts of his golf courses. I have to admit that I was a bit nervous playing the Stadium Course as it has a reputation for being one of the most difficult courses to play in the U.S.

The course: The starter on the 1st hole gave us the scoop on playing the Stadium Course. He warned us that there is not an even lie on the whole course and there is tons of water and sand. The starter was super friendly and really funny making fun of how difficult the course is. It made us relax and feel at home with his low key style and humor.

As I mentioned I am from Wisconsin and very familiar with Pete Dye courses. The Stadium Course has all the same design elements that the Blackwolf Run Courses have. After teeing off, I felt very comfortable playing the Stadium Course. That's not to say it's not hard because it is but I think being familiar with Dye's designs it felt comfortable to me. To me, the hardest part of the Stadium Course is navigating around the water. The par 3's are ridiculous! Intimidating would be a fair word to use on these holes. WATER! WATER! WATER! Wow, a blast to play!
I played all the par 3's great except #17 Alcatraz, the shortest of the par 3's. I dunked it left of the green. Still a great hole to play.

The people at the clubhouse were very nice and accommodating. They have a large pro shop with many golf items to choose from which is great for souvenirs. I bought some shirts, logo golf balls, PGA West flag and a money clip. The pro shop serves both the Stadium Course and the Nicklaus Tournament Course.

Overall, I would highly rate the Stadium Course. It is very challenging and may be too difficult for some golfers. You MUST play from the appropriate tees to enjoy the course. The views are amazing of the surrounding mountains and the course was in fantastic condition. It is a must play when in La Quinta!

Visited April 2014
Luxembourg District, Luxembourg
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 95 helpful votes
“very beautifull course, especially the 14”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Too many bad players accepted without an handicap minimum. Play is too slow and we loose the rythm.
The surrounding views are just WAOUW!

Visited March 2014
toronto
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Expensive, not worth it.”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Played the course on a recommendation but we were very disappointed. Tricked up Pete Dye course with hills and moguls just for the sake of it. Hard to see where balls land and where to play. Very expensive and wish we had booked the Nicklaus course instead.

Visited February 2014