“Love the Fish Tacos”

Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Desert Club & Avenida Bermudas
Description: Solano's Bistro is chef owned and operated on Main Street of Old Town La Quinta. Dine inside or outside on our patio, browse beautiful pieces of art from local artists, and feel like family while enjoying the delicious flavors created by Executive Chef Francisco Solano.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We go here for lunch every time we are in La Quinta. Great (small) outdoor seating, friendly service, and the fish tacos are excellent.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

We came to this restaurant by recommendation of our B&B in La Quinta since is one of the owner's favorite places in town and we were not disappointed since the food is excellent and the service superb; we were in town for the restaurant week and ordered with their prefix menu that included a glass of wine with our choices along with appetizers and sweet choices to end the meals. We will return one back in town since it's a very cozy place with great service and tasty food.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were in LQ for Mother's Day. We were desperate to find a place to eat after church. We went to Solano's Bistro. Great brunch. Fun farmer's market on Sunday.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Last night we dined at Solano's Bistro based on recommendations of friends who had been there previously. I ordered the vegetable lasagna which was supposed to have zucchini, eggplant, yellow squash, onion, spinach, ricotta and mozzarella cheese. What I was served was layers of lasagna noodles smothered with mozzarella cheese in a very sweet tasting pale red sauce. I peeled back the pasta and there was not a vegetable anywhere.
Then to add insult to injury, I did not notice until the next day that I was overcharged. The menu price is $16.00 and I was charged $18.00.
Be careful if you dine at Solano's that all the listed ingredients are in the food you are served and make sure you review the bill closely so that you are not overcharged.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Made an open table reservation & were seated Immediately. Had read Yelp reviews & decided to try it. My wife had Beet salad & enjoyed it, my Ceaser salad was only adequate. My wife had Sea Bass & had to send it back to be fired some more. Once it was cooked she said it was good. I had the short ribs & they were excellent. Made the whole thing worthwhile for me.