“A solid dining option in La Quinta”
Review of Solano's

Solano's
Ranked #11 of 121 Restaurants in La Quinta
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Desert Club & Avenida Bermudas
Description: Solano's Bistro is chef owned and operated on Main Street of Old Town La Quinta. Dine inside or outside on our patio, browse beautiful pieces of art from local artists, and feel like family while enjoying the delicious flavors created by Executive Chef Francisco Solano.
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Solano's is one of the better dining options in La Quinta but it does come with the typically high desert prices. We did have a thoroughly enjoyable dinner on a Wednesday evening. The restaurant was busy (including several diners braving a very cool evening under heat lamps on the outdoor patio). However, the service was attentive and most friendly. The food was better than average - the crab cake appetizer were sufficiently crispy and not lacking in real crab meat, the tortilla soup (a daily special) tangy and the raspberry and Brie cheese quesadilla very tasty though more than enough for two people. Solano's does fish very well - I had the salmon with huckleberry sauce (the fish was perfectly cooked - medium rare) while our son had the peacan crusted sand dabs (a healthy sized portion). My wife ordered the pomegranate scallops and prawns which she thoroughly enjoyed (unlike another reviewer it was cooked the properly). The desserts are fabulous - I thoroughly enjoyed the apple crisp but it was large enough to feed the entire table!

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We were just walking around, stopped in. Had a great booth (for the two of us), Francisco was very helpful with everything on the menu. Food was fresh, tasty. The short ribs with mashed/carrots....very good. Salmon special with crab, tasty. Risotto...well that could have used a little more flavor.

A great experience.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We really enjoyed this restaurant. Great service and typical desert expensive prices, but creative preparations and lots of veggie options for husband and one daughter. Butternut squash risotto was delicious, as was my incredibly fresh mahi-mahi. My friend's daughter had an enormous pork chop which she said was amazing. Lots of nice pastas, too. Fun dessert list to round things out. Good wine list by the glass.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We are 27 year residents of La Quinta, and like the rest of the Coachella Valley there are lots of dining opportunities here. Still, when it comes to special occasions we always return to Solano's Bistro in Old Town La Quinta. The food is heads and shoulders above the rest - with wonderful sauces accompanying each dish. Vegetables are always done to perfection. The wine list is excellent, the service is always friendly - even the owner comes to nearly every table to be sure your dining experience is everything you hoped for. Indoor and outdoor dining is available.

2  Thank Cameron B
Reviewed November 28, 2012

My husband made a reservation a couple days in advance. He requested a Birthday desert, since it was a BIG birthday for me and Solanos was our favorite restaurant.
The food has gone way down hill. My husband always orders the Short Ribs, and this time they were dried out. I always order the Scallops and Shrimp. The Shrimp was tough and over cooked, but the Scallops were raw inside.
They handed us the bill, and never brought the birthday desert. After my husband mentioned it, the waitress apologized, and we waited forever. Finally decided to just leave.
So disappointing ! ! !
By the way, I tried phoning them to report the problems but they never answer the phone.....only a recording.

1  Thank Tweedhill